The DANGER of wearing VFFs in public

AlmostBarefoot_Barry

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
On DailyMile.com, one of the VFF runners there (Jocelyn A.) posted this: http://www.dailymile.com/people/jocelynanderson/entries/1836056

"This reminds me of something that happened on Sunday's race; there was a guy who saw my VFF and was asking questions. All was fine until the question of "Can I look at the sole?" Before I could answer, he picked up my left foot! Startled the bejeezus out of me, I almost toppled over. I know some people get curious, but cheezopizza!"

There are a lot of crazy people out there, and you just never know ...

Ha, they are curious

Ha, they are curious things...other runners, I mean.

Sheesh! That kind of reminds

Sheesh! That kind of reminds me of people's odd belief that it's okay to touch pregnant ladies.

The rule is: if you aren't directly related to- or sleeping with- someone, it is not okay to touch them without asking.

I found the danger to be just

I found the danger to be just getting stopped EVERYWHERE and asked about them.

After a half marathon in May, I got cornered by a drunk lady in Perkins for a good 20 minutes. My wife had a blast watching me get tortured. Oh yeah, they were touched more than once during that incident.

Looking forward to the

Looking forward to the reaction I get when I run a mountain HM in my Huaraches on the 12th! This kind of thing is much more, ahem, exotic here, believe me.

I like having mine examined

I like having mine examined or having people ask me about them. Gives me a chance to tell them that they don't need to buy into Nike advertisement.

A buddy of mine is convinced they are the ultimate wingman for him.

I get people wanting to check

I get people wanting to check out my Treks all the time. This is entertaining until they ask how much they cost and I almost feel like an idiot telling them $125. The argument that I don't buy into Nike marketiong seems to wash away at the cost because I just bought into another mamoth giant.

If people want to check out my bare feet however, go right ahead but be prepared to massage and maybe even wash them ;)

Good point, Scooter.  It's

Good point, Scooter. It's the barefoot runners who put VFFs on the map, and now we have to pay for that. Bummer. Still a whole lot better than boat anchors though.

Dang, Scooter. I didn't look

Dang, Scooter. I didn't look into the Trek pricing but $125 is a lot. But runners in general pay a lot for things (races, Garmin, gear, socks). None of it is "necessary" but from the SD RNR expo today, people like to buy a lot of useless stuff. Just depends on where you like to spend your dough.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts