The barefoot lifestyle

barefoot kean

Barefooters
Jun 3, 2010
Anchorage
For several months now Ive been going barefoot everywhere, to the point where everyone i know always seems to be amazed anytime i wear shoes. Anyhow, im wondering if there is a proper way to walk barefoot. I switch between a forefoot strike and a heel strike in my everyday travels and neither one seems to offer any obvious benefit over the other. Also, are there any good arguments to not get kicked out a restaurants? Because im extremely tired of being denied service, perhaps if i were im my late 20's or 30's+ i wouldn't be denied service so often, i suspect the shop owners only see is a teenage (although im almost 21, i don't exactly look it) hippy vandal:p

I also go barefoot

I also go barefoot everywhere. I kinda walk like I run, but I have more of a heel landing barefoot, but the midfoot strikes first for me. I try not to walk on my heels because if you hit a rock it's alot of pain, midfoot if you hit a rock your feet sensors pick up on it and automatically re distibute your weight. For me it's better to midfoot strike and land softly on heel for walking. I know what you mean by being denied service, it's not an age thing i am 38 and it happens to me too. Lol

I walk barefoot in my daily

I walk barefoot in my daily life as well. I land on my forefoot then to heel. About 98% of the stores don't pest me about barefeet. The main place I go that does make me wear shoes is the co-op grocery store. In this case I have purchased paper feet. They are very, very thin and seem to be durable. They look more like a sandal, but super thin. The other big advantage is I can put paper feet rolled up in my pocket. So I just bust them out if needed. I removed the toe strap from my paper feet, and cut the bottom sole a bit shorter to eliminate material drag up front. Works great.

http://www.paper-feet.com/home

I find that I walk forefoot

I find that I walk forefoot as well when barefoot...though it seems to take more time to get around until you get the hang of it. I actually tried working in super-minimal shoes once and discovered I really really need my heel-striking to walk quickly. I work in catering so getting around FAST is important! I don't have time to forefoot strike!

But when I go for walks or to the grocery store barefoot it's more comfortable to be barefoot & striking forefoot. Feels best. A *bit slower but not much. A good clip.

I have gotten to the point where I automatically slip on my moccasins before I go into a resturant or a library. Then when I leave, I pop them back off, stick them in my purse or bag and continue on my way. It is really annoying to be considered a freak. I'm with you there. I'm 24 and a lot of people think I'm just being a punk.

Barefoot Mary wrote:I have

Barefoot Mary said:
I have gotten to the point where I automatically slip on my moccasins before I go into a resturant or a library. Then when I leave, I pop them back off, stick them in my purse or bag and continue on my way. It is really annoying to be considered a freak.

I have gotten exactly to the same point :shy: (the only difference: flip-flops instead of moccasins)