The Barefoot 5k run at beautiful Bluemont Park in Arlington, Va.

bobewing

Barefooters
Oct 18, 2010
There's a great barefoot 5k run happening in Arlington Virginia. I've posted on it at DCBarefootRun.com here: http://bit.ly/b9aCSg

The location is perfect: The beautiful Bluemont Park, just outside Ballston in Arlington, Va. It goes along the paved W&OD path and is being put on by a great group called the Marathon Charity Cooperation, which uses health and fitness to improve the lives of disadvantaged kids. Everyone is welcome to participate and there’s a bunch of prizes to be won.

WHO:[/b] Barefoot runners, Vibram Five Fingers runners, baby-stroller runners, anyone else who’d like to do itWHAT:[/b] Barefoot 5k with up to 250 participantsWHEN:[/b] Sunday, 21 NOV 2010, 9amWHERE:[/b] The beautiful Bluemont Park in Arlington VirginiaWHY:[/b] To have fun and raise some money for disadvantaged kidsCOST:[/b] It’s $30 to enter and your money goes to a good cause[/list]To register and for more information, check out the race website here.

Thanks for bringing this to

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have added this event to both the DC and VA Chapter's/National Calendar of Events, and I sent an email to those Chapter Presidents asking for meetups, and I included you in on that.

Thanks so much TJ!  This is

Thanks so much TJ! This is great, I really appreciate it.

Mike Wardian is organizing the race. He WON the National Marathon three years in a row and is an amazing athlete. The goal is to get 250 barefooters together for the event. Any help from people reading this thread would be awesome.

I also added it to the DC and

I also added it to the DC and VA Forums, and I added it to our Facebook page as well.