Thanks from a Lurker

mykroberts

Barefooters
Mar 31, 2011
I probably over-strided when younger, and by the time I hit 70-80 miles that stress combined with structural abnormalities (bowed legs, asymetical leg length) led to hip/knee ITBS injuries. I had tried running a few times since high school (2002) which invariably would reaggravate the injury within weeks.

Started BFR when I moved out West LA in September (read Born to Run on the flight here). Not sure if I will ever regain my prior endurance, but 7 months in and I am running around 6 miles 4-5 times a week. I have nagging but minor muscle strains in my right calf and left hamstring, but they don't seem to be getting worse, and otherwise I have been mostly injury free. Still not sure what to do about stretching - think most of the stretching I did growing up isolates and focuses on a few muscles. Something like yoga would probably be good but I just can't make time for that and running.

I just wanted to let all the diligent posters know that their experience and stories were really helpful when first starting out. I am not a patient runner, and I almost definitely would have injured myself quickly (and probably given up on running for good) if not for all the sage advice on the site.

Anyways, thanks and keep up the good work so I can continue lurking

You're very welcome, and

You're very welcome, and we're glad you're here!

First echos...funny, JT!

First echos...funny, JT!

i do my runs and then it

i do my runs and then it takes me about 10 minutes to do some yoga afterwards.

Mike

Welcome, Myk!I couldn't

Welcome, Myk!

I couldn't agree more with what you said about this great forum serving to 'save you from yourself' in the beginning. I could easily say the same thing... I'm not patient, either, and would have sidelined myself long ago had it not been for this group of people.

Peace!