Thai Massage

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Neil_D, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Neil_D

Neil_D Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

Well, I had my very first traditional Thai massage today, you know, the stretching one.
    It hurt at the time but I feel better for it now. The tiny Thai lady seemed to be able to find every sore area in my back and legs and apply pressure and while at the time I would feel like jumping up as it was so tight, now it feels great. I'm hoping it will last.
    I think I will have to get this done on a more regular basis now.
    Have any others out there been more frequent proponents of Thai massage?

Regards

Neil

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

That's wonderful, Neil! I'm glad you are finding relief and hoping our will permanently resolve your problem.

I saw a very sweet Thai lady for several seasons who helped a little with breaking up the scar tissue in my feet. Like yours, it bordered on pain but tolerable. She used a lot of different, strange Thai tools that looked ancient, like little torture devices. I wondered if she may have contributed to some atrophy in the fat pads on the balls of my feet though.

3. Neil_D

Neil_D Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

Hi TJ,
    I think she has helped, I don't seem to be getting the sciatic type pain I would get after a long drive home after work.
    Another thing I that I have found out is that despite running barefoot for around 12 years now I still have to keep correct.
    I think I was running too upright rather than having a slight lean forward, this in turn meant my foot was landing slightly in front of body rather than directly underneath.
    I have been concentrating on the "falling forward" that I practiced in the early years and that also makes a big difference.
    I did a 10km run today with the slight lean and the knee was fine. I think it shows that you cannot take anything for granted and that bad form can creep in over the years if you do not practice good form.

Regards

Neil

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  4. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

That's incredible, no more sciatic pain! Western medicine isn't the end all.