Team BRS Needs YOU for IBRD!!!

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Terry, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Barefoot Terry

Barefoot Terry Chapter Presidents
    1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Hey all!

Team BRS for our International Barefoot Running Day needs YOU! Come run with us, join our team! We're about to lose 1st place in fundraising! Even if you just join the team and run, your entry fee adds to our total. Plus you get to run with a bunch of great barefoot runners!!!

Come on! You know you want to have some fun! May 1st IBRD!!! GO TEAM!

2. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Team BRS just dropped out of 1st place! Join up for the run. Every entry fee helps. Or, if you can donate any amount $5, $10 or more...that would be great too!!!

3. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Ok...we are trailing Team Workday by less than $100. I looked at their team - they have 37 runners. That means like 98% of their fundraising is in entry fees. We have 5 teammates. I'd love to get at least 10 or 20 runners for BRS!!! NO FUNDRAISING NECESSARY Just join our team when you register for the race and come have fun!!!

I promise, after IBRD you won't hear me harping about fundraising. I just thought it would be a great way to advertise our group if we make a strong presence both in number of runners and $$$ for a great charity.

4. vtonus

vtonus Barefooters
    1. California...

Where can I find more information on this race, and where do I register?

5. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

Hi vtonus!

Welcome to the Barefoot Runners Society! Our chapter has created a team for the Workday Devil Mountain Run for our International Barefoot Running Day event. The Devil Mountain Run is an existing 5K/10K race.

To register go to this link http://chfo.convio.net/site/TR/Run/General/2083099429?team_id=2010&pg=team&fr_id=1140

Click on the "Join Team" Link above the list of teammates.

Then follow the prompts for registering for the race. The cost is $32.

You can find all the race info at the following link http://chfo.convio.net/site/TR?fr_id=1140&pg=entry

Additionally, you may want to purchase a IBRD t-shirt through the Barefoot Runners Society site store. This is not a necessity, but it would be great if we all have the shirt.

Fundraising - this race is a fundraiser for Childrens' Hospital Oakland. If you choose to fundraise, just forward people the link to your page (you'll see it when you register). If you don't want to fundraise, no worries, just come out and have fun running with a bunch of barefooters!

Hope to see you on the team!

Barefoot Terry

SF Area Chapter President

6. Barefoot Pablo

Barefoot Pablo Barefooters
    1. California...

We are back in the lead!! Team BRS: $2093, Team Workday: $2071

Like Terry said, most of their "fundraising" is from entry fees since they have so many runners. If they turn on their fundraising efforts we are finished. We need more people on our team! Come on people, let's do this!

7. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

YES! We are back in first place - for the time being. We are barely $30 ahead. They have over 50 team members! Come on people, let's have some fun - COME RUN!!!!

8. Barefoot Terry

1. California...
    2. Michigan
    3. Oregon
    4. California...

YEA! We are up to 8 team members!!! Come on everyone, let's have some fun!!!