Closed Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, please no. That's a pay app that I really don't want to deal with, and then there's in-app purchases on top of that.

Many forums have free app versions of their forums (www.avsforum.com and www.diyforum.com - although those are both vB forums), and some just have mobile versions of the website that is just as good as a standalone app. I'm all for the mobile version of the website myself. Then I can just keep a link in Safari as I have already for this site, instead of adding another icon to my home screen.

It is not that expensive app at all. It is on all the forums that i am a member of as for me it is easier and faster viewing. Other than price is there any other concerns. You can choose not to use it last time i checked.

Is this a price that each person pays or one the site/BRS pays for?

Barefoot Henry, the CP from San Diego was going to write us our own phone app. Matt, should I email him to see if he's still interested?

No this is a price an individual pays if they want to use tapatalk on there phone , ipad, etc. as it is a phone / tablet app.

By no means do you have to use it but it is nicer to have it as it makes forums easy to view on phone and post. All the boards i go to have it for convenience but you do not have to use it. You can view regular by phone but some people love tapatalk.

Barefoot Henry, the CP from San Diego was going to write us our own phone app. Matt, should I email him to see if he's still interested? He writes code for Apple. iPhone apps mostly, if I remember correctly.

I might try out a mobile style if i can have some testers other than me . What kind of app would we want ? As tapatalk is free to install on phones. Also there are some mobile skins out but i need testers.

I don't have a fancy phone. Anyone else want to volunteer for Matt? (Like he has all the time in the world right now?)

I can certainly test apps for iPhone or iPads. I've already purchased tapatalk (like $2.00) and use it to access my favorite reef tank forum. That's why I suggested it initially :)

I'm so not a phone person. I have a Virgin Mobile plan where I pay $20 every three months which keeps rolling over, since I never use it. So where would someone who had a decent phone (not me) go to get this Tapatalk?

It's an app on the Apple App Store, should be the same for Android phone users.

Yes it is 2.99. It has some features i like but not sure if it is someting i would keep. I am still testing. There is a mobile skin also i could put on but if we change colors then i have to re skin it. This option though i do not have to re skin anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.