Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Sacramento, CA

Curious if anyone else is doing this? I'm a lone barefooter for this race. :( Its at Cal Expo this weekend, Sat. May 7th.

Ah Zap,  if I didn't already

Ah Zap, if I didn't already have plans I would have been too happy to drive over to run it with you! I was the only BF runner this past weekend at the Reno RockNRiver (as far as I know) and hope to have company next year.

Have fun!

Just as an update... raced

Just as an update... raced this completely barefoot this morning and was so happy I had no issues with my knees or achillies. The only issues I had were with the crappy asphalt that I was running on. Even with having to strategically scan ahead for paint, smooth surfaces, grass or sidewalks, I managed to finish it with a decent enough pace (for me, anyway) which was around 10:30 min/mi. I probably could have pushed it more had it not been such crappy conditions. Feet are a bit tingly, but good post race this morning. Yay me!

Yeah, Mrs. Zap!  Your FIYAH

Yeah, Mrs. Zap! Your FIYAH carried you through!

Barefoot Terry wrote:Hey Zap,

Barefoot Terry said:
Hey Zap, did you get to connect with Running Romeo? He was there this morning too. Congrats on the race!
Nope. I didn't know he was running this race. Would have been cool to see another barefooter out there, but I didn't see him. Hope he had a good race, though!

That's a nice pace! 10:20's

That's a nice pace! 10:20's or so is around where being barefoot starts to be a problem when I race shorter distances. I'm sure you feel fantastic.

Ha!  I see it!  I see a bare

Ha! I see it! I see a bare foot!

Running Romeo wrote:I left a

Running Romeo said:
I left a message on your wall (I hadn't seen this thread until after the race). Sorry about that. I was right in the front row. Actually, if you look closely at the picture they had in the Sac Bee of the folks starting the race, you'll see one barefoot peaking out from the crowd of sneakers.... that's me :)JV_KOMEN144.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

Nice pic, Romeo! I didn't see your message until after the race. Damn. Would have loved to say hi. Hope you did well and had a good race!

Not too bad.  Just under 21

Not too bad. Just under 21 minutes. The best part though was having my Mom (3 time cancer survivor) meet me at the finish line. First time she's seen me run since high school. Great inspiration /sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Roving/wink.png

Planning on doing Folsom's Run with Nature 5k & The Wild Way this weekend with my son and some friends.

http://www.folsomrunwithnature.com/

Maybe I'll see some other BFR's out there.

Running Romeo wrote:Not too

Running Romeo said:
Not too bad. Just under 21 minutes. The best part though was having my Mom (3 time cancer survivor) meet me at the finish line. First time she's seen me run since high school. Great inspiration /sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Roving/wink.pngPlanning on doing Folsom's Run with Nature 5k & The Wild Way this weekend with my son and some friends.http://www.folsomrunwithnature.com/Maybe I'll see some other BFR's out there.

That is so cool!! Must have been great to have your mom meet you at the finish line! And awesome time, man!!! No wonder you were out front. I would have been trampled.

I wanted to do the Wild Way run this weekend, but our weekend's are really booked lately especially with my son starting up BMX again.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts