Surveying your route

(No subject)

goathead-thorn.jpg

*shiver* pure evil. They

*shiver* pure evil. They blend in to the ground really well, so not alway easy to spot. Do you see its evil grin and angry eyes?? And then the two big ole horns out the top...hate 'em. Thanks Nyal...

Joseph wrote:*shiver* pure

Joseph said:
*shiver* pure evil. They blend in to the ground really well, so not alway easy to spot. Do you see its evil grin and angry eyes?? And then the two big ole horns out the top...hate 'em. Thanks Nyal...
Before I moved here, I lived in Utah and frequently got these little things stuck in my shoes. They ARE nasty and spread over roads as well as trails. What's worse is that they are invisible. I am happy I never have to worry about these any more. In Norway, the worst thorns we have are wild raspberry (and yes, I have stepped on a few of those vines).

That's the right name. 

That's the right name. Goathead.

Oh my... I am all too

Oh my... I am all too familiar with goatheads... AND sharp and pointy chip and seal. That's my normal route. The jabby chip and seal path with the nasty section of elusive goatheads. I was only maybe about a month into my BF transition when I discovered those little pieces of pure evil. >)

I usually carry my VFFs with me, funny enough not because of the goatheads or the chip seal, I've never put them on because of that, but just for... um... "just in case". Not sure what I would encounter that could be worse. The bottoms of my feet will attest to the torture too.

And I still prefer barefoot over any shoes. Go figure.

Hello all,  New to "almost

Hello all, New to "almost barefoot" funning. I wear the five fingers right now. I've been using Google Earth to map out routes in the area. Is that not acceptable?
Sarge

Eeew I hate chip-seal! Most

Eeew I hate chip-seal! Most of the roads in my town are chipseal, withOUT sidewalks, and we don't have grass. Just dirt with thorns in it. But I've gotten to know the neighborhood I run in pretty well so I know which roads are harder and how long I will have to be on them. I never really plan or map my runs out.

I used to map my routes.  Now

I used to map my routes. Now I just go wherever. Welcome, Sarge!