Stumptown Smackdown

Restaurants are permitted to have dress codes.

If they claim that their rules are for safety, then that's an invitation for education. There are several good articles on SBL and in the studies forum. Invite them to take off their shoes and point out their bunions, ingrown nails, corns, and calluses.

Bare Lee has a good point. These drinking establishments are dens of evil, full of morally deficient characters with no control over their addiction, wasting their money on vile drink. Best to avoid them until the State shuts them all down.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Another solution might be to open my own chain of barefoot friendly cafes and thus create on a small level some new kind of society I like and feel accepted in. And this might even have some influence on a larger scale... :)

If any of us had the money to do that, that would be SO cool! :cool: It would be a barefoot cafe or restaurant where people leave their smelly shoes at the door! Yuck! They would have to go into a shoe sorter like the old-time coat check. The employee would have to be paid extra for the above and beyond call of duty. There can be barefoot memorabilia scattered all over the walls, like posters and famous people photographed barefoot, autographed, of course. They can sell barefoot wine too and name the meals' names after well-known barefooted people or have kooky barefoot names. Ha!

If any of us had the money to do that, that would be SO cool! :cool: It would be a barefoot cafe or restaurant where people leave their smelly shoes at the door!
I was rather thinking about some kind of runner's cafe which accepts both the shoddies and the barefooters and proposes besides ordinary coffee and tea all kinds of running related healthy smoothies etc. And of course lots of barefoot running memorabilia on the walls to lure the shoddies out of their foot coffins! :)
And plenty of different textures on the floor to provide plantar pleasure! :)

I was thinking more like an indoor 1/8 mile track with each lane a different texture including gravel. The infield would have other gym equipment and a real cafe, restaurant, and brew pub including all kinds of healthy options. The sacks of hops and barley would be off-loaded near the entrance, and part of the cross training would be to allow for customers to carry them into the brewery section for a one ounce credit per bag. It would be in Michigan and have a retractable roof plus a patio/deck. The first one that is, after a dozen or so are across the northern U.S. I will start to sell franchises.

I thought I was being accused of bad manners, here.
I'm hoping not by me? (Though can see I may have come across that way, so thought I'd best check) Although, yes, I would class feet on cafe seats as bad manners within the context I'm familiar with, in the context of it being normal for people to do this in shoes taking them off is positively good manners!

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts