Stretching

This is what I have discovered about stretching, more or less, by accident. I "stretch" muscles by contracting their antagonist. I find it highly effective and, so far, seemingly impossible to "over-do".

I have to admit, I forked over for the RumbleRoller.
310sWECGoBL.jpg

It gets me good in a different way than a smooth roll--almost sadomasochistically, except I wouldn't do it if there were no fitness benefit . . . (I think). I also got a 12" extra firm foam roller in my office so I don't make too much noise on the wood floor with a PVC pipe when I get up to roll my ITB once in a while.

For the first few micro seconds I thought you were showing us your newest mountain bike tire!
I've been rolling my calves, soleus, and achillie's with a real rolling pin ever since I started running and began hearing about foam rollers here, and for me it's become a religion.
Never thought about going from slicks to knobbies, but I'm definitly going to experiment!
As for stretching, I do a ton of it, but only for spots that have been torn , strained, otherwise stressing an attachment, or pulled as a result of NOT stretching.
So that limits it to arches, achilles, soleus, calves, ITB's, quads, hammies, lumbar region, thoracic area, cervical spine, trapazoid region........it's not that bad....there's still time left over to run and bike as well as surf the forums........

Reactions: Bare Lee