Suggestion Stories Section

Stoplookinatme

Barefooters
May 20, 2012
TJ,

I've been running completely barefoot for almost 1 year now. I'm hoping to make it to a year, because I'm a bit frustrated with one setback after another. I miss being able to ramp up quickly and not worry so much about doing too much on every single run.

I would love to see a section somewhere on this site, where people posted their barefoot stories. Why they got started? What obstacles did they encounter? What have they learned? How do they feel now? Biggest Surprise, biggest disappointment, whatever their story is.

Maybe it would help or motivate others to read some detailed stories of pain, heart ache, and triumph.

-Jim

Jim, I'm not TJ but I do know for a fact that she is working on something like this. I am working on my own story for her as we speak and I will have it to her shortly. In a nutshell I have had two major back surgeries, after the last one almost two and a half years ago I was told I would never walk without pain again and I would never run again. Now since I've found bfr a little over a year ago I have no back pain and I just ran a half marathon distance barefoot a couple weeks ago. Yes there are times when it's difficult barefooting at times and I feel I have had more than my fair share of setbacks but for me, being able to pick up my toddler without keeling over in pain is well worth it. Anyhow, I know TJ's been asking me for this for quite some time but I got buried with school.

Thanks, Nick. We are going to be adding a Success Stories forum here where we will post stories such as Nick's, and I have one other already received that will be posted there as well. I may even add them tot he home page as articles. For other stories that are not necessarily along these lines, please feel free to use the New Member Introductions forum. It should serve the same purpose, yes?