Steph needs tux advice

mandytheartist

Barefooters
Feb 16, 2012
Sudbury, MA
We know this is far in advance, but Steph has a dilemma: should she rent her tux or go ahead and buy it? I think she should just buy considering how drastically it will need to be altered. BTW, please read my "locked in date" thread.

If she will need it again, go ahead and buy; I have one because I wear it fairly often. But if she would buy it, wear it once and hang it in a closet, rent. Doesn't matter how much it will need to be altered; people of all shapes and sizes rent tux's, they are used to it.

I'm with Ram on this one. I am glad I rented my tux. I would have something expensive sitting in my closet that I never wear, kind of like my suits... If it's something she may wear somewhat frequently, go ahead and buy it. If she's like me and will only wear it the one time in a ten year period, probably should rent.

I think she should go with this one:

tux.JPG

Seriously though, unless you see yourselves going to many formal events in the near future renting is the way to go. If you do decide to buy one, get something with a more classic look, so you can use it for years without it going out of style.

Another vote for "rent" one, unless you see several occasions to wear it in the future.

Like everyone else, I'll say: Rent it. Although tux'es are more or less the same, for some reason, they tend to show their age (look at a tux from the 70's - even if it's black and you swapped out the ruffled shirt, you can still tell that it's not new).

Find a nice black suit; more usable in the long run, more easily altered, and more comfortable. It's what I did for my wedding. Tuxedos are soooo overrated in my book. suits can also be had for a bargain, making the pain of alteration easier to swallow...

Reactions: mandytheartist

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts