Statehouse Update By Ahcuah

senatefloor.jpg

Statehouse UpdateBy Ahcuah

I just want to give an update on where things are in the rulemaking process at the Ohio Statehouse (Capitol Building).

As a reminder, those who run the building, the To Be Refiled.

That means that it is in limbo, for the moment.

The “suggestion” from JCARR was that CSRAB talk to more legislators regarding the rule. My impression was that they were supposed to tighten up the language (but still be able to require shoes in most situations).

Here’s a timeline for what is going on:

On January 9, JCARR meets again. The CSRAB shoe rule is not on their published agenda.

On January 19, at 10:00 am, the CSRAB meets. My expectation is that they will have tried to meet with legislators by then and will have prepared new language for the Board to approve. That is what I think we need to stop, if possible. It would really help if Ohio barefooters could show up to this meeting to talk directly to Board members. The address to contact me is at the bottom of this page.

Letters/emails to the Board members would also really help at this point(from wherever you live). Here is the list of their addresses. You ought to be able to reuse the letters you already sent to JCARR (fix the greeting, though!). [If you have not yet written JCARR, it's still not too late to do that, either. General information page here.]

JCARR then meets on January 23. I don’t know yet if the shoe rule (with any changes) will be on that agenda, but I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Thank you for any help you can provide. Yes, having this rule instituted is fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but I really hate for backward steps to be made in our fight for barefooted acceptance, particularly by an official governmental organization.

Please contact Ahcuah through this link ----> Ahcuah

http://ahcuah.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/statehouse-update/

Sadly, for some of us, it could come to that, having to carry a doctor's note. And I'm not above asking. But not everyone has an obvious or apparent problem with shoes, yet. The problem is what shoes do to us little-by-little over time, the wrong shoes that is for many of us, all shoes for others of us, like you and me. It really should be none of the "public's" business what someone wears or doesn't wear on their feet in public places. It should be our right to choose. We are not harming anyone.