Sssshhhhhhhh....don't tell anybody...

Lomad

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
I ran today! I couldn't take it any more and had to do something. And it felt Glorious! I did run in minshoes, just to give a little protection to the ouchie, but I ran!

It is amazing how much my cardio has fallen off. Of course, when I got hurt and started cutting my mileage down I wasn't super stron, but I could knock off 5k without feelinglike I was going to pass out. One mile was all my lungs could take today (cooler air than I expected kinda made it worse) even if I had wanted to go farther.

It may not have been much but to me, the way I've been feeling lately, it was the best run ever. Cheers to the road to recovery!

"You're killin' me

"You're killin' me Smalls!"

That is awesome. Given the "Shhhhhhhhhhh" lead in - I'm thinking you haven't gotten the all clear from the doc? What's the situation/prognosis there?

I see the doc Monday. While that marks the end of my initial "sentence" - by how things are feeling I believe I won't be out of the woods by then.

Honestly - when the boot is bugging me I think of your one-line review of your boot: "It sucks." Cracks me up every time.

Be careful out there.........

Jim

WONDERFUL!  Who cares if you

WONDERFUL! Who cares if you ran in shoes or not?! You R A N ! That's what matters.

So.

How did it feel?

Did you have any pain?

Yeah, the boot sucks! Or the surgical shoe in my case. But without it, it would have been foot hell for me. Hope you can get the all clear soon Hasel and Lomad, but if you feel you need to be in the boot longer, stay there.

I remember after I had my cryosurgery over a year and a half ago and healed enough to run again, it was excruciating to run barefoot. The nerves were so damaged (as they are now, except now they are missing their nasty pieces--yuck.) I found I could run in the VFFs more comfortably, although it was still somewhat painful. It took a long time, it seemed, to get back to barefoot. I know it's going to be the same thing this time, but I know I will just keep trying and seeing success with each run until I can get out of the VFFs.

TJ - your post raises the

TJ - your post raises the obvious question: What about you? What sort of scenario are you looking at for when you can start putting one foot in front of the other at a rate faster than a walk?

Did we post at the same

Did we post at the same time? Did you see my post above yours?

It's going to hurt like a somebee, but I hope to get there, one foot in front of the other.

Yep - I saw your post.

Yep - I saw your post. That's what generated my question. I see you commented on your return from a cryosurgery 1.5 years ago, but I'm wondering when you're going to be able to start running now following your double neuromaectomies. Are they saying you can try in Feb? Mar? May? Something else?

double neuromaectomies Ha! 

double neuromaectomies

Ha! Very funny.

That would actually be quad neuromaectoies.

I see. I'm supposed to be able to start running about six weeks after the last surgery. With the quad neuromaectomies , ahem, I was able to start running about three months later, I think. I know I tried at 2 months and failed in a great deal of pain, then tried again a week or two later. It seems like it was a good three months before I could even start to get back into it. So I have a long road ahead of me, since I can image this surgery would cause the same set backs but possibly moreso considering this one was invasive and the cryo wasn't.

To answer your

To answer your questions:

No, i haven't been "officially cleared" for activity, but I don't require a re-check since it's just generalized Metatarsalgia (which the podiatrist defined as sore met area with no specific symptoms); I was supposed to give it a few weeks and go slow when pain subsided. Since there's no real "pain," and only intermittent achiness I figured a shakedown run was in order
wink.png
. Plus, I had been cooped up with my 2 year old who decided not to nap today. I hit the door as soon as my wife walked in from work!

TJ- It felt really good. There was no pain, and more importantly, there's no pain as I type this 2 hours later. It's maybe a little sore, but I expected that since I've been kinda babying it the past few weeks and it isn't at full strength.

This will likely be my only run this week. I am in no real hurry. I just have to test things from time to time; it's in my nature.

Yeah, Jim, I still laugh at myself over that "review!" It was a very impulsive sort of thing, so I'm glad it brings some smile to your recovery time. Had I been sentenced to longer, I had a fllow up post planned as "the Dark Boot Rises;" fortunately I didn't have to go there.

Heal up soon guys!

Awsome Lomad!  I ran two days

Awsome Lomad! I ran two days in a row this week myself! I ran a mile yesterday and then 1.72 today. I ran slower than I can walk, trying to really follow maf, so I had no problem breathing. Glad to hear you got out there. Good luck and hopefully you are able to keep it up.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts