Spinoff thread, What are you listening to?

Blind Boy wrote: Meshuggah's

Blind Boy said:
Meshuggah's obZen album.

So Svaria makes it big on the world music scene with a band named the same as the Hebrew word for father (ABBA),

and continues on with a metal band named "crazy" in Yiddish?

What's next, Robert Wells turns out to be Jewish?

Crazy sounds about right:

Crazy sounds about right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EHLjxZ4AIs ABBA was coincidence though. ;)

I was a head banging fool!

I was a head banging fool!

Death Angel, Motley Crue (saw

Death Angel, Motley Crue (saw them in concert), Jethro Tull, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Guns N Roses, Kiss, Mr. Big (saw them in concert), Twisted Sister, Van Halen, Def Leppard (saw them in concert), DIO, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Queen, AeroSmith, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Stones, Scorpions, Boston, Uriah Heep (saw them in concert), Zepplin, Doors, Hendrix, The Mamas & The Papas, Cinderella, Winger, (saw them in concert, got his autograph), Bad Company, Poison, Warrant, I can go on and on. It was definitely a sickness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkAMtXTEjco This song kicked so many peoples a$$ on facebook to the point that there eyes were so swelled up they couldn't even see to click the like button!

Seriously, as far as metal

Seriously, as far as metal guitarists go, Dimebag will always be the one to beat. I could listen to him play all day long, every day and never get tired of it. He was truly unique and he had a musicality that is very rare. He's one of those guys where you only need to hear three notes and you'll know it's him.

Nice TJ, I think I own every

Nice TJ, I think I own every album by each of those artists, except a couple maybe. Motley Crue does put on a good show, well at least when T. Lee was still with them.

Two of my five brothers, have

Two of my five brothers, have passed away. (God rest their souls.) One of them could play the hell out of a guitar. When I say play the hell out of it, I mean it. He was extremely talented. He would argue that Hendrix is by far the best guitar player of his time from his type of music, with Eddie, a close second. But as far as metal guitar goes, he would rank Yngwie Malmsteen as by far the best ever. Yngwie was known as the fastest picker in the world. Check him out here:

Wow T.J. thats awesome!  I

Wow T.J. thats awesome! I know I posted alot of Pantera, but my true love is really Metallica with metal. After that Pantera for sure. I don't think either could measure up to your guy there lol!

Metallica rocks!

Metallica rocks!

Well, Yngwie is fast, I'll

Well, Yngwie is fast, I'll give him that. He's not the fastest though, I can think of several people who are faster. The thing that bothers me with these fast guys is that they more often than not only do the fast stuff and forget that there are other ways to play. As a result, most of them bore me.

On a completely unrelated note, I had a teacher who used to ask: "How many guitarists does it take to replace a broken light bulb?" The answer: "11. One who does it while the others stand around talking about how much faster and better they'd have done it." I'm a guitarist. Just sayin'.

You should know then,

You should know then, BB, that Yngwie can play fast...as well as slow.

As in check this out.  A solo

As in check this out. A solo on acoustic, and very beautiful...it you give it a chance. (Although it looks far from an acoustic, but what do I know. I didn't get the gene.)

This one guy writes about him

This one guy writes about him this way:

He Put The Grey In Poupon. Mixed Peanut Butter With The Jelly. Added Cool to? Aid and Saved Sorrow From Being Sad. Pushed The Red Button. Assaulted a Machine Gun. Sliced a Melon. Kicked The Can. Warped Speed. Jumped The Rope. Ditched Jack and Jill. Went Up The Hill. Landed On The Moon. Spiced The Girls. Roaded The Kill. Killed The Bill. Pinched The Salt. Appled The Pie. Kicked you in the Face Without Even Noticing. and Then He Walked Away with His Guitar In His Hand.

He was much younger here. Very cute. Man, I used to like big hair on guys; now it's kinda gross.