Southwest redeems itself

migangelo

Chapter Presidents
Jun 5, 2010
portland, or
i took a trip to Mexico for my brother's wedding this weekend. don't get excited. it's just across the border in the desert where it gets so hot the turtles hibernate through the summer.

i flew into San Diego like usual and took the train to the border. once there my father tells me he didn't drive to get me because of the heavy rain the day before. being in the desert there is sand, mud everywhere and a lot of undeveloped roads that get washed out with bigger potholes growing everywhere.

made it to dad's place. started making dinner and the power went out. his friend said it was the Entire west coast. nope, just where they lived. went my bro's wedding which was beautiful and fun. stayed with my sister and was dropped off at the border to catch the bus into San Diego so no one would miss the party that always follow the wedding, except me of course. damn school.

got on the bus. it made a loud sound once we got going. made the usual stop about 1/2 hour away and they stopped to look at what made the noise. as far as i could understand the belt on the turbo or something broke so they replaced it. we took off and another 1/2 hour later it broke again. they fixed it with a piece of rubber that holds the luggage rack up. broke again. this time we were stuck on the road for 3 hours waiting for another bus.

i missed my flight and my father called Southwest, yes, i flew with them again. they said if i made it within 2 hours they wouldn't charge me. i made it in 3. no charge. no questions either just everyone trying to help me. everyone who got me a ticket was gracious and kind. they helped me get to my planes when all i wanted was some food.

i had to make 3 flights instead of 2. to vegas first. San Jose next, then ptown. once passed security in Diego i never put my sandals back on and didn't get harassed, at all. my feet were extremely swollen. i slept on every vehicle but my last flight. the attendant to Vegas even gave me about 12 bags of peanuts and laughed when he saw i ate all of them. he looked at my feet when i boarded but didn't say anything.

only problem was the girls in San Jose who couldn't print me a ticket. they boarded the plane and waited for me while she tried to figure it out. i took the train from the airport and discovered the bus stopped running. called a taxi at my stop while i walked to Carl's Jr. taxi made it there before i did. i saw some crappy mexican food was open but the driver wouldn't wait for me, only take me through the drive through. hmm, crappy mexi food or fried crap. so i waited for the next taxi which took 1/2 hour after i called. i was still bf this whole time. one girl asked if my feet were cold. they were still swollen and hot so the cold ground felt great.

Southwest has redeemed themselves in my eyes over my last trip. i'll fly them again and i should have put this on my blog. damn.

What an Odyssey! Props to SW :joyful: