Sort of a new guy here.

Chaserwilliams

Barefooters
Dec 15, 2010
Hey guys! Looks like Ill be spending more time over here now. Apparently I said something I shouldnt have said, or something like that... I havent really been given the offical word on anything yet.

Anywho, Im Chaser, I live in Texas which is the greatest state in the world, and I run BF. Im training for my first ultra (50 miler in Feb at Rocky Raccoon) that I hope to run BF since I dont really have any fancy minimalist shoes....

So... Umm... Hi!

None of my business, BUT

None of my business, BUT didn't you "say" something before and get suspended too? Hee. Please share. What did you say?

Nope, this is my first ban!

Nope, this is my first ban! Im not sure what I said to be banned either...

Seriously?  No clue?I wonder

Seriously? No clue?

I wonder who the other guy was who was banned. Hmmmm. Don't you hate that when you can't remember something you thought you knew?

Welcome from the Federal

Welcome from the Federal Republic of Texas. You're welcome to all the swaggering bluster you can carry. Your friends in Tennessee will still always be there to save your butt when you get into something the biggest, baddest, rootin-tootinist cowboys in Texas can't handle. It's just what we do, bless your hearts.

And welcome to the site - we're glad to have you here with us. Best of luck preparing for the 50-miler BF. That'd be mighty impressive.

Phil, Id like to personally

Phil, Id like to personally thank you for putting up with all the democrats for us. I cant explain our level of gratitude for putting up with the cry babies we cant handle / stomach! Really though, Tennesee is a beautiful state. Deffinatley in the top 5 IMHO!

TJ, the other guy who was

TJ, the other guy who was banned was Talonraid, he was on a time out corner for a week but he's back now.

To Chaser, welcome noob and make sure you start your transition slowly and carefully.

Dama, thanks! Im debating on

Dama, thanks! Im debating on buying some transitional Nike Frees so I can run Barefoot, can I continue running my normal 6 miles a day during this transition?

Adam, Thanks for the welcome! Hows things been?

Chaser, welcome to BRS.Over

Chaser, welcome to BRS.

Over at RW I go by runner_mc. I signed up at BRS a while ago, but haven't posted much (I think this is my 2nd post here), but I always check it for good info.

MC (Im picking up on a theme

MC (Im picking up on a theme here...), Thanks for the welcome!

Hopes mother, I have thought

Hopes mother, I have thought about it. Im just afraid Abide will go all forum Nazi on me again, hahahahahahaha!!!!

i've mentioned maf training

i've mentioned maf training here a few times and only got a few responses nothing like 500 to one post or the other 10 posts that exist over there. maybe thats why they 86'd you? i see you're already causing problems here. don't get banned so fast here, i need a good laugh everyday.

migangelo wrote:i've

migangelo said:
i've mentioned maf training here a few times and only got a few responses nothing like 500 to one post or the other 10 posts that exist over there. maybe thats why they 86'd you? i see you're already causing problems here. don't get banned so fast here, i need a good laugh everyday.

I have read the material on Maffetone's site, many of the RW posts in the thread you've referenced and Ted's forums that reference Maffetone. So, when I ordered my textbooks for next semester and found a great deal on it I added to the cart (I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping and discount coupon I had). The site said there were five more in stock, and a month later it still does. As a matter of fact, when I checked that un-named site out back in September they listed five in stock. A few days later the company emailed and told me they were out, but it takes the computer system a few days to balance out the availability listing (BS!)

I know, it doesn't really matter yet because I can't afford a HRM, but it was still frustrating.

Sorry about the rant on your welcome mat Chaser!

Gracia y paz,

A

library. i'm lucky that i

library. i'm lucky that i have a card to two different counties. i move a lot. i found it in the larger county and just had to go on the wait list. from what i understand and since i see we both are on ted's forum, you probably know everything you need to know or can get answered easily. a lot of the info is in the forums and on his website. see if your school can request it. you only need to read the front of the big book.

i thought i could just slow down my running and do it by feel. i bought a refurbished garmin on ebay and the difference is huge. i had to slow down even more than i thought and it's hard. after a few weeks i was able to pick up some speed but still not close to how i use to run. everyone who does it says the same thing so i will keep at it. my aerobic system sucks as i never did sports growing up. i let asthma slow me down. if you can get one. it will make a huge difference. i even checked craisgslit but some people want to much for their used stuff.

Migangelo, Im already causing

Migangelo, Im already causing problems??? Geez.... Guess its just axiomatic!

i just had to look up that

i just had to look up that word. so yeah, big problem.