Sore sitter question

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I ended up with a sore muscle in my right cheek after my Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. Not my gluteus max but the attachment/insertion point, right where it hits when I sit. I probably pushed it too hard again when I ran six miles in the cold morning yesterday. It took almost three miles to warm up enough for me to stride without a catch. This is my first time with a sore muscle that didn't clear up overnight since I started running in May.

A lady running with the group yesterday heard me describe the sore butt condition and put a name to it immediately, but she had this wonderful Lauren Bacall voice with a French Canadienne accent, and I completely missed the content of what she said. I do remember that she said that she found a great physiotherapist named Dr. Manly, and I realized that I'd never voluntarily go under the hands of anyone named "Dr. Manly." That's just me and my relfex reaction, sorry.

So, anybody who can tell me what's hurting me? Anything to do for it but sit on an ice pack?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts