Someone hit slow mo, September..where have your feet been?

Wow, Chris.  Excellent

Wow, Chris. Excellent distance. Are you training for something longer?

Barefoot TJ wrote:Wow,

Barefoot TJ said:
Wow, Chris. Excellent distance. Are you training for something longer?

Nah, just enjoying the cooler weather! The DNE stands for 'does not enter'.

That said I've got a couple of events coming up in October - both on Governor's Island here in NYC. A 10K on the third and the Barefoot NYC run your distance festival/fun run on the 10th.

As long as I'm smiling at the end it's a good day!

This week so far:Monday: 2.5

This week so far:

Monday: 2.5 miles in EVOs. Should've been a 5k but my right foot was acting up after running 12 miles the day before so I cut it short. Decided to rest and let it heal for a day or two.

I haven't run any more than that since I've been busy enough but I plan on doing a 15-miler tomorrow, my week ends Sunday.

enjoy your long run BB!Wow

enjoy your long run BB!

Wow Chris, that's an excellent long run. If only I had that kind of time, le sigh.

No runs for me at all this week, we ended up making some serious headway on our house painting project. I wrote today off as a rest day. I'm playing around with my schedule trying to figure out when I can get some runs in between teaching 5-6 Zumba and 2 Belly Dance Fitness classes a week. Think I can still manage 3 runs (though this will mean no rest days...hmm).

For sure, though good to get

For sure, though good to get it done. Are you painting interior or exterior?

I ran 10 BF miles this

I ran 10 BF miles this morning, I was planning on 15 but only got four hours of sleep, and my stomach was a bit off. Not feeling 100%. I felt very sluggish and slow, only managed a 8:35 pace.

I end up with 28 barefoot miles for the week. Plan on doing my 15 miler next weekend.

DNEchris, awesome run!

15 total running miles this

15 total running miles this week...started off with a fabulous 6.6 last monday....ended with a slow 3 today (wanted to do 5, due to Eido, my dog, not quite "feelin" it...I had to drag him the last mile.)

Very excited for a planned 10 miles to start my week off tomorrow!! Monday's are awesome, get to the studio early for a "long" run with one of my best friends, teach a yoga class after (cheat a little in my teaching, join in a bit to get a good post run stretch), then a couple of hours of kung fu, THEN an hour long massage and a nap before a second yoga class, and if I'm not spent, another 2-3 hours of kung fu! Monday's ROCK!!

So my planned 15 miles became

So my planned 15 miles became 1.5. Total for the week: 4. I just couldn't get my legs to work tonight so I decided to stop and walk home instead.

Oh yea, those darn sluggish

Oh yea, those darn sluggish 8:35 paces really bite, I know. Give me a break. You rock, Adam, even when you are dragging on along at "your" slow pace (my dream pace).

Nate, dragging the dog, that's hysterical.

yeah T.J.  I thought I was

yeah T.J. I thought I was going to have to carry his 60lb arse the last 1/2 mile....cooler temps and winter is coming though, I'll get my poor little husky in running shape by spring!!! He's still sleeping, and that was more than 4 hours ago :). Light weight lazy dog...LOL. But I love him, probably feed him too many "treats."

Wow, Chris - glad you enjoyed

Wow, Chris - glad you enjoyed the 29 miler!

37.5 miles for me this week, 22.1 bare and 15.4 in huaraches on the trail.

Got back from today's long run and it's time to paint the garage. I skipped lunch (because I was out running) and now I'm drinking beer and painting the house. I'm gonna die.

Everybody's painting! I have

Everybody's painting! I have to wait until the drywallers are done in the middle of the week, then the madness begins. When we bought our house it had had all the interior walls removed, which was cool for us as newlyweds. Now we have three kids, so we are putting the bedrooms back in - it's been a few years' process. One wants blue with clouds, one want red with pink hearts, etc. Three girls, three girly bombed bedrooms.

Silly PWI (painting while

Silly PWI (painting while intoxicated), let us know how that goes:)

Week ending Sept 25

Sunday: 1hr Zumba, 1hr Belly Dance, .5hr core strength..all, you got it...barefoot :party:

itching for a run!

Hi there, during all the runs

Hi there, during all the runs (for some reason this week) I was running to Michael Jackson's "They don't care about us". The chorus was playing over and over in my head.

I find it was particularly appropriate on my barefoot run home on Saturday when I wanted to get some relieve for my feet by running on a grass strip along the route and after the first two steps onto the grass, I had like three thorns in each foot! No thank you. As inviting as you look, I'll take my chances on the side of the road with the broken glass I can SEE!

w/e Sept 18

Tuesday - 10km run - running sock (I'll try and get a picture up later)

Thursday - 10km tempo run - sandals

Saturday

- 14km bicycle ride to work in running sock (does that count?)

- 14km run home - Barefoot (second longest barefoot run so far).

Have a Great week,

Ghaleed

I had to sit last week out

I had to sit last week out just got back at it yesterday with an easy 3.

Had to take the time off b/c I went to visit my mom, and the roads there sucked so badly that after 8 miles my feet were bruised. Anyway, I had to take a break and let the soreness go away, but I'm back at it this week!

I put in 15 miles last week, and have 19 scheduled for this one. I just need to get my butt out of bed in the morning!

Ghaleed, I too take a break

Ghaleed, I too take a break in the grass from time to time...though not without precaution. You never know what's lurking about in the grass.

Sunday: 1hr Zumba, 1hr Belly Dance,

Monday: 5mi glorious barefoot run

Good start to this week: 10.5

Good start to this week: 10.5 trail miles.

Yeah, I'm amazed every time I

Yeah, I'm amazed every time I see my kids take off over a piece of grass without any hesitation! This time I thought I'm just going to give in and do it :). Ouch! I felt quite silly standing there with all those thorns in my feet :).

I forgot to mention, I started my run on a piece of trail/walk way in our business park on Saturday afternoon and was passed by Vladimir Kotov. I thought about running with him for a while but wasn't going to try that barefoot and with 4 different surface changes in that 500m strip we could run together. He lives close by and runs through the park on a regular basis. I'll get my chance to train with him sooner than later.

The weather in Cape Town is not that good this week but I'll see how and when I can get my runs in.

Have a great week.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test