Someone hit slow mo, September..where have your feet been?

Just wrapped up my week with

Just wrapped up my week with a 12 mile night time trail run with 2 very lovely ladies. We encountered rabbits, tarantulas, scorpions, and deer. Had a great time and felt as if we could have doubled the mileage.

This puts me at ~44 for the week.

If you all have never tried this, you need to go get a headlamp and check it out. It just adds another level to running.

Wow, tarantulas and scorpions

Wow, tarantulas and scorpions Shack, now that sounds like an adventure...did you have your Indiana Jones hat on?

Schwab, awesome job. I think it's cool you and hubby run together, are you guys vacationing? Your island sounds like a tiny slice of paradise

Bob, gl with the marathon!

Bob, gl with the marathon! Nice 17mi barefoot run, will this be a barefoot marathon+? How far out are you from the Twin Cities, MN? We have regular meetups, it'd be awesome if you could make one of the bigger ones. McDougall is coming to town on Sept 15 for a book signing, there are a few of us MN BRS folk planning to attend.

Zumba,

The marathon is utilizing country roads, so I am expecting lots of gravel, so I am going to bring my VFF's. But I know I will end up doing sections BF, but I am just not up for 26.2 miles of gravel yet.

I am located in Winnipeg, so the Twin Cities are about 8 hours away and boy do I wish I could get there for the 15th, McDougall was a major inspiration on me to start running again. Regarding the regular meetups, I think both my wife and I would like to attend these when we can coordinate it. When is the next big meetup, and we will see what we can do.

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
Wow, tarantulas and scorpions Shack, now that sounds like an adventure...did you have your Indiana Jones hat on?

Schwab, awesome job. I think it's cool you and hubby run together, are you guys vacationing? Your island sounds like a tiny slice of paradise

Yeah, it's awesome that we can run together - I am really lucky. He's faster than me now that he's got his barefoot form on, but we manage OK. 8 miles is the longest he's ever run, but he did OK, just knackered. He ran on everything nasty he could. We're on Brigantine Island, a quiet, pristine bedroom community for Atlantic City. Since it's the beach, almost every property has some kind of gravel or river rock landscaping and Mike intentionally ran over each one.

Bob, bummer you're so far

Bob, bummer you're so far from the TC. If you're ever in our neck of the woods, don't be a stranger ;)

haha way to go Mike for taking one for the gravel running team;) You are making awesome steady progress Schwab!! Keep up the good work!

let's see, what did I do this week

Sunday 6mi barefoot

Monday??? drawing a blank

Tuesday 2hrs Zumba (in adizeros)

Wednesday 6mi barefoot

Thursday off

Friday 1hr Zumba (adizero)

Saturday 8.25mi barefoot planned.

weekly mileage w/e 9/11 20.25

I'm back, at least it seems

I'm back, at least it seems like I am. This week so far:

Monday & Tuesday: Nothing.

Wednesday: 6.8 mi barefoot.

Thursday: 8 mi total, the first two in evos and the rest barefoot.

Friday: 3 mi barefoot.

Saturday: Planning 13-ish but I don't know if I'll have time to run that far.

Sunday: 6 mi planned

I was wondering where to put

I was wondering where to put my miles...

Tuesday - 3.8

Friday - 7.1

I have to think about what to do on Sunday - I would like to do 10. That would be a big jump in miles for me, though, but I feel ready for a big jump.

JSchwab, maybe not push 10

JSchwab, maybe not push 10 miles. Work up to 8, then 9, then 10.

10 would be a jump for total

10 would be a jump for total miles because I ran 7 midweek yesterday, but not for an individual run. I have been running mostly 7-9 milers for a few months now for the long run. I've already done a 10 mile race in water shoes this year.

45.1 miles for me this

45.1 miles for me this week.

19 mile long run on trails today. It took f.o.r.e.v.e.r because the trail isn't well marked, and I ended up off my trail many, many, times. I can't shake the wilderness sense that, if I'm off trail, I should WALK, not run, until I find the markers.

19 miles is a mileage PR, btw... and I feel great! I took the kids apple picking right after, and nothing hurts.

30.2 for me this week. The

30.2 for me this week. The long run didn't happen yesterday and I couldn't bring myself to do anything shorter either so I did a long run today instead, 12 mi in the rain. A real confidence booster to be honest, a few months ago I couldn't run more than 10 mi without getting IT-band trouble and now I can do 12 and above without any issues at all.

just 12 for me again this

just 12 for me again this week :)

Final tally for this

Final tally for this week:

Tuesday - 3.8

Friday - 7.1

Sunday - 10.0 in the misty cool darkness and a meeting at the water fountain with Macharia Yuot, a local elite who's looking to go 1:02 at the half marathon next week (it was won last year in 1:01:58). Nice run!

20.9 total which is my highest mileage week by far this year (since the Big Injury). I was down the shore so didn't crosstrain at all, uness you consider wrastling little kids crossttraining. I'll stay here for a bunch of weeks before pushing up a bit before my half in November (which will NOT be run in even 2 X 1:02)

I may adress this in another post but I am getting lazy about actually running barefoot. I ran three of the 7.1 miler bare because that portion was on the beach, but everything else was in water shoes. Not sure why I have lost the urge to go bare - some of it is not wanting to structure my runs around good surfaces or avoiding heat blisters. Some of it s just habit and laziness.

Wanted to run a bit today but

Wanted to run a bit today but between NFL, alcohol, and a splinter, I have pretty much stayed on the couch all day. I'll get that 60 mile week some day!

54 miles total

26 in Lunas and the rest were bare

nice mileage allCube's

nice mileage all

Cube's (Nate) back! Nice work!

and Silly! Wow, where did all of those miles come from?? Awesome job on the 19miler barefoot!!

Way to go BB on the nice long run sans IT band issues and in the rain nontheless!

Schwab, interesting about not having the desire to run bare. Water shoes may just be your way, more importanly you've explored your options and have found what you prefer. No sense in forcing yourself to run without shoes if your form is good and it feels right for you to run in your water shoes. Awesome job on the weekly mileage PR.

I taught another Zumba class this am, having right arch issues so am going to take off of my run tomorrow. Just doesn't feel quite right, I'll be doing bellydance barefoot but it's minimal impact so should be fine.

You probably just lost some

You probably just lost some conditioning in your arches while you were out with a stress fracture. I noticed the same thing when I was recovering from cryosurgery. My arches weakened in comparison to what they were before the surgery.

I took a few weeks off during

I took a few weeks off during our fasting month which ended on Friday 10 Sept.

Saturday

- 5Km sandal run

- 30 minute soccer/football with my son, barefoot on grass and gravel.

Sunday

- 8Km hike with my wife and kids, 6km barefoot and the rest with sandal. I had to take my family with to stop me from running that trail! :)