Some rocks and a dog

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
haha, I took this today simply to show in another discussion what the rocks are like here. I didn't even know Leni had gotten into the picture till I got home and looked at it. I just like it, made me smile, thought I'd share :)

Rocks1.jpg

and THIS is from later on in the run. While I was taking this, I suddenly heard the worst noise I can possibly hear while running in the woods: Leni yip-yip-yipping as she disappears into the brush, chasing ... something. It really sux because if she gets caught by a hunter here, well, I don't want to think about it. The odds were low that there'd be anyone there at that time but it's still really bad ... She won't do oit when she knows I'm watching her, and usually, I see/or hear animals before she does and then I make her stay with me. But sometimes ... ugh.

WinWald1.jpg

Pretty doggie, always takes good pictures.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
Leni always looks so dignified and ready to go and in her element.

It's funny, and not so easy to describe, but she's actually a very 'proud' dog. She's always serious about everything, especially chasing other dogs away and showing them who's boss. She doesn't play, ever. She's great at chasing balls and sticks, and does a number of tricks, but it's not 'fun' for her, it's work.

But then she appears to be a little cutey-putey-snuggly-buggly-doggie-woggie, and that's how people react when they see her. 'awwwwww.... isn't that a sweet little doggie'.

We hates it :mad:

Reactions: scedastic
I LOVE that everyone remembers and knows Leni. She's beautiful and unforgetable. I think we should adopt her as a BRS pet. It's like she's part of the family here.

I nearly missed a Leni thread! Would like to second her adoption as the official BRS dog.
I love seeing a dog in peak condition & she always stands out - you don't really see other dogs of that size with nicely developed muscles!

you don't really see other dogs of that size with nicely developed muscles!

This is so true and so sad. People tend to underchallenge smaller dogs but they're often the tougher breeds with higher endurance. Think 'Jack Russell'. It irks me no end whenever some well-meaning so-and-so says things like, 'oh, the poor little dog, forced to run like that on those short legs" :wtf: They completely fail to see that it's the poor two-legged galoot who is having trouble keeping up with the little pocket rocket. It's usually older people, the ignorant kind who spoil dogs (and grandchildren, same thing) to death by overfeeding them and never letting them off the leash.

The mascot idea is really cool, but every dog is a great, and we live so isolated that we never meet any other BRS'ers. The Oregonians should get themselves a dog who's as nutty as they are :troll:

This is so true and so sad. People tend to underchallenge smaller dogs but they're often the tougher breeds with higher endurance. Think 'Jack Russell'. It irks me no end whenever some well-meaning so-and-so says things like, 'oh, the poor little dog, forced to run like that on those short legs" :wtf: They completely fail to see that it's the poor two-legged galoot who is having trouble keeping up with the little pocket rocket. It's usually older people, the ignorant kind who spoil dogs (and grandchildren, same thing) to death by overfeeding them and never letting them off the leash.

Absolutely. It's sad too that so few dogs get to run with their owners - it's the one thing I'd change if I could have my time again with Shad, I wish I'd know years earlier what a difference running would make to his state of mind & our relationship.