Some forum problems (fix #1 before going public?)

AlmostBarefoot_Barry

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
1) The biggest problem is that anyone who quotes a post containing a new paragraph (a carriage-return) will only get the first paragraph "quoted" and the rest of the original text appears to be part of their text addition. NOTE: all the original text correctly appears inside the [ quote]...[ /quote] within the edit window, but when previewed or published it ends up incorrectly spilt.

- since this will likely be very common, it would be good to get it fixed before going public.

2) a minor thing, in the users profile page, in the signature section, it appears you cannot include an "

I'd like to add to the

I'd like to add to the list:

3) there is no quick way (that I can see ) to get back to the forum you're reading after posting to a thread. After I post here, I'll have to go back up to the top, click on the 'forums' tab, then swing my mouse around until I highlight the one I'm think I'm interested in going to (if I remember which one I just posted in).

I'd love it if there were a spot (maybe up near the "Post Reply" button?) that I could click that would take me back to the forum I've just been reading.

It's best to post these

It's best to post these things under the Feedback tab. Cameron, web master, will get them that way. ITM, I will forward these to him. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

agreed Norm, I've been

agreed Norm, I've been thinking this too.

AlmostBarefoot_Barry wrote:1)

AlmostBarefoot_Barry said:
1) The biggest problem is that anyone who quotes a post containing a new paragraph (a carriage-return) will only get the first paragraph "quoted" and the rest of the original text appears to be part of their text addition. NOTE: all the original text correctly appears inside the [ quote]...[ /quote] within the edit window, but when previewed or published it ends up incorrectly spilt.

- since this will likely be very common, it would be good to get it fixed before going public.

You can use the quote feature. There's just a few tricks to using the current implementation. I've discussed those here. I agree it needs fixing.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts