Sockwa G3 Review

liluv41

Barefooters
May 15, 2011
So, I did it! I won something....an amazing pair of 'barefoot' running shoes, the Sockwa G3's. Fitting like a glove, supremely comfortable, the first time I put them on it felt as if I had broken them in already. No rubbing, no chafing, it was like having a pair of your favorite socks on. Ninety four point five miles I've put on them in the past three weeks, mostly walking (coming off an injury and taking it slow). There isn't any evidence of wear and tear at all on them yet. I'm very eager to see how many miles I can put on these babies...and I've been told I 'play hard' in my shoes, so it should be interesting. I have worn the soles off of a pair of Moc3's in just 150 miles. I don't see that happening in these Sockwa's though, the way they're made is pretty crafty. No matter how wide your foot is (and mine are verry wide), the sole still comes up around the front and sides of your foot. The ankle closure I found to be extremely comfortable, not too tight, not too loose. Nothing gets inside the shoe as you're running/walking, no pebbles or sand. Temperature-wise I have worn them in 80 degree weather and in 20 degree weather. With socks they kept my feet pretty toasty, and in the warmer temps my feet were downright sweating. That is the only drawback I can see, but with the introduction of the X8's in June and it's mesh upper, this problem may very well be solved. Soft and comfortable as a pair of socks, with a sturdy, flexible, paper-thin sole, these shoes are easily my new favorite.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Moved to Product Reviews forum with a permanent redirect back to the Gear & Footwear forum.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test