So, I might have gotten a bit too enthusiastic...

RunningPirate

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2012
Right, then...

So, the last time I ran skin to ground (S2G) was in 2013, or so. That was about when I shifted from independent consulting to a full time job. Not only did working full time cut into running time, it also landed me across the bay in Emeryville. E’ville is a funky little artsy town wedged in between Oakland and Berkeley and it holds a special place in my heart. But it is a little...rough. So during lunchtime runs I would encounter broken glass and the occasional needle. Also, running S2G is slower for me...so with limited time and the aforementioned hazards, I gave up and went back to shoes.

Fast forward 5 years: New job, new town, living the domestic life, and I commute 60 miles a day. I put on a bunch of weight the past couple of years (long story) and recently had to get a CPAP for something called Upper Respiratory Resistance Syndrome, a cousin to sleep apnea. So that, coupled with middle-aged vanity, got me back to doing something. I get on the bike when I can, but I’m still a runner. Also, I sort of missed the simplicity of BFR. So here I am.

Just got back from a 1.4 mi re-inaugural run. I thought that my soles would stop me sooner, but I must have retained something from the days when I used to run 10K’s, because I was reasonably ok. In the end I decided to turn back, so as to not overwork feet, ankles, knees, everything.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a wee painful, methinks...

Aw, yes, good old middle age. Where would we be without it? Don't answer that.

Welcome back, Pirate! :matey:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test