So...bras?

I accidentally walked into a thread like this at rwol. They were discussing bras for GGG+ and I made some kind of snarky comment. Big mistake. Never again.

I accidentally walked into a thread like this at rwol. They were discussing bras for GGG+ and I made some kind of snarky comment. Big mistake. Never again.

Finding bras that fit me are hard (and expensive). It is a point of frustration for a lot of women. Just imagine if the only pair of underwear that fit you were $100 and you could only buy it from one store.

If you go commando, disregard... I don't have a good example for you. :D

Re women hunting - did they? I always thought the men hunted & the women gathered, .

They were nomadic, didn't stay all that long in one place and when it was time to move, they hustled, bobbly bits bobbling all the way, women and men both.

Also, I think there could be some merit to the alternative support system you describe, CS. Let us know if you ever need help with video analysis. We're here to help! ;-)

PS - oops I did it again ^o^

Finding bras that fit me are hard (and expensive). It is a point of frustration for a lot of women. Just imagine if the only pair of underwear that fit you were $100 and you could only buy it from one store.
Well, you know I understand and know all about those expensive underwear...... ;).........

They were nomadic, didn't stay all that long in one place and when it was time to move, they hustled, bobbly bits bobbling all the way, women and men both.

Also, I think there could be some merit to the alternative support system you describe, CS. Let us know if you ever need help with video analysis. We're here to help! ;-)

PS - oops I did it again ^o^

They do keep finding earlier & earlier evidence of settlement, wonder if boob size correlates to nomadic/settled lifestyle? There's a PhD waiting to happen.
Nice try on the video analysis,

Here is an alternative hypothesis about the power of breasts.

I think bras are evil and gave them up about two years ago. If I wear one in this climate I get skin infections on my chest. Now I only wear one if I am forced to wear something, in a professional capacity, where my nipples might cause me to be viewed as unprofessional i.e. a suit. Otherwise I don't get mistaken for a braless hippy because nobody notices other than my husband. I can run barefoot without a bra just fine and my breasts aren't especially small, nor are they enormous.

Reactions: stjohnthegambler
Well, you know I understand and know all about those expensive underwear...... ;).........

I have a better example for you... A piece of mandatory equipment not issued to you that they only carry at the PX in Egypt.

rwol had problems. When the posters that frequented L&O stopped by, they made a game of who could write the most humiliating and sociopathic post. It was hard to have a sense of humor when those turkeys kept stopping by.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
rwol had problems. When the posters that frequented L&O stopped by, they made a game of who could write the most humiliating and sociopathic post. It was hard to have a sense of humor when those turkeys kept stopping by.

I wasn't one of them, promise! I hated that whole community with a passion, a bigger collection of a55holes would be hard to find on any website and the fact that they were on RW just made it surreal ... And when the dumped the group, all the problems with spam started up.

I've heard the 'women were the gatherers' idea, though I've also heard/read that women, and possibly every one in the tribe, participated in the hunts, because you'd need a lot of bodies to help corral the antelope in a certain direction(? maybe?). Also, that they ate the animal where it fell, and didn't carry it back to any camp.

Re women hunting - did they? I always thought the men hunted & the women gathered, polished the cave, raised the children, cooked the mammoths, etc.

A lot of thinking on those long runs of yours John?;)

Nothing to add, just going to enjoy the comments and links.
Ha! Yes the mind will wander...And actually, part of my thinking was leafing through a Victoria's Secret catalogue (for purely artistic reasons) and seeing the prices of those bras. $50!! That's crazy! Not only do women earn less money than men, they have to spend more money on clothing!

"Recent studies have found that nipple stimulation enhances sexual arousal in the great majority of women, and it activates the same brain areas as vaginal and clitoral stimulation. When a sexual partner touches, massages or nibbles a woman's breasts, Young said, this triggers the release of oxytocin in the woman's brain, just like what happens when a baby nurses. But in this context, the oxytocin focuses the woman's attention on her sexual partner, strengthening her desire to bond with this person.

In other words, men can make themselves more desirable by stimulating a woman's breasts during foreplay and sex. Evolution has, in a sense, made men want to do this."

I love that there were multiple studies to find this stuff out. I knew this when I was like, thirteen.

Not to hijack or anything, but while I have your attention: St. John: You're in Oregon now? Does that mean we can't count on you for IBRD '13 Ann Arbor Burns Park?
(back to boobies everyone)

Reactions: happysongbird
"Recent studies have found that nipple stimulation enhances sexual arousal in the great majority of women, and it activates the same brain areas as vaginal and clitoral stimulation. When a sexual partner touches, massages or nibbles a woman's breasts, Young said, this triggers the release of oxytocin in the woman's brain, just like what happens when a baby nurses. But in this context, the oxytocin focuses the woman's attention on her sexual partner, strengthening her desire to bond with this person.

In other words, men can make themselves more desirable by stimulating a woman's breasts during foreplay and sex. Evolution has, in a sense, made men want to do this."

I love that there were multiple studies to find this stuff out. I knew this when I was like, thirteen.

Ha! Yes the mind will wander...And actually, part of my thinking was leafing through a Victoria's Secret catalogue (for purely artistic reasons) and seeing the prices of those bras. $50!! That's crazy! Not only do women earn less money than men, they have to spend more money on clothing!

Ironically this month's Women's Running magazine came today and they have an article about running bras. There is one in there for $70+!

Reactions: happysongbird