Sketchers Resistance Runners...

Dirtbag

Barefooters
Oct 17, 2010
Have you seen the commercials? The HUUUUGE shape-up style sole but the model is running and there is about twelve inches of absorbtion in the shoe in each step. Then the narrator comes on to talk about how good for you it is. My feet nearly fell off watching it.

Here's a quote directly from the prduct website:
"Men's Resistance Runner - Resistor Edge S R R Resistance Runner S R RSKECHERS Resistance Runner - Resistor SRR running shoes are the Resistance Runner that has Kinetic Wedge technology designed to help create a more fluid stride that emulates a natural running state. This helps reduce injuries and enhances performance."
There are so many things wrong with that statement. Here's the product website so you all can virtually rush right out and pick up two or three pairs: http://www.skechers.com/style/52081/resistance-runner-resistor-edge-s-r-r/bkbl

I've seen these before and

I've seen these before and for the life of me can't understand the thought process behind it. I mean really the way to burn more calories when you run would be run faster right? Then run barefoot and you'll work all your calf, ankle and foot muscles more and save yourself 130 dollars.

And here we are working so

And here we are working so hard to try to educate the shoe manufacturers, the podiatry world, and the consumers about the benefits of barefoot and minimalist running, then companies like this go the complete opposite direction.

Sure, you won't turn an ankle in that monster!

And $130 a pop, they really are proud of that mess.

I think for any company that

I think for any company that wants to make running footwear, they should be required to back it up with research that proves the so-called benefits of their shoes.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I think

Barefoot TJ said:
I think for any company that wants to make running footwear, they should be required to back it up with research that proves the so-called benefits of their shoes.

Why change the habits of a lifetime??

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS