Not a Bug Site messaging

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
It seems the site isn't sending messages/email notifications to the members of the chapter whenever someone posts a thread there.

Also, I was receiving email notifications when someone PMd me privately through my profile, but now I'm not. I couldn't find a setting (not under Preferences) anywhere where you can turn this on or off.

It does not send email to chapters at this time. It only sends an alert. I have tested many times and it does send that. I am talking to developer about it.

There are setting to turn it off look in preferences or alert preferences.

I did not know the chapter forums were working until yesterday, but there had been several threads since the new site has been up and I have not gotten any alerts until I replied to one of the chapter threads. It looks like to me that you won't get an alert unless you've already responded in that post, which doesn't get any messages out to your chapter. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks for all your hard work Matt and TJ and everyone else involved in creating the new site, I really appreciate everything you all do for us.

When you say alerts are we talking emails being sent when someone makes a post ?
Or are we talking about the little alert icon at top by your name when someone makes a post?
So if you make a comment in the thread then you get alerts correct ?

I was saying the little alert at the top of the page. The old site under our chapter we could send out email announcements and everyone in the chapter would get an email. Now we don't get anything email or alert at top of page, unless we have already posted in the thread.

Sounds good. Sorry for the duplication on this in another help thread, Matt.

I think of Alerts at the little red box at the top that you have to be logged in in order to see if you have alerts.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS