Site Changes and What you want in a Community.

Thank you!  I just

Thank you! I just thought... How about adding Product Reviews and Course Reviews?

Nothing to request here, just

Nothing to request here, just want to say I really appreciate all you're doing for the site.

Thank you!

How about a bookmark to a

How about a bookmark to a forum? I usually post to the Canada forum rather than the Canada Chapter. It would be nice to have the ability to bookmark a couple forums. (save me some clicks)

What is 'Relationships', under My Account?

Dama you are very welcome. I

Dama you are very welcome. I just like fixing things and seen the list and had to do something about it.

Relationship is when you invite someone and they accept. It then puts you in a one. I know kind of creepy when i say it.

Hm bookmarks is a nice idea but not sure if drupal can do that. I will look into it though.

when i click on a new or

when i click on a new or recent post down below i would like to know what forum it's under. can you tag the top of the post with the forum it's in? i sometimes want to go into old posts and can't find it. seeing where it's classified might help me find it.

thanks for all your work.

Mike

I am sorry migangelo but i do

I am sorry migangelo but i do not understand what you are trying to say. Can you please do a step by step so i can understand the issue better.

kean - no relationship is not really that way. I wish it was. You can click on the invite button and then when someone gets invited it adds it to your relationship. It is hard to explain. The person you invite will show up there and show you are connected to them.

Matt I think what Mike was

Matt I think what Mike was asking for is a description of the forum where the post came from such as Gear and Footwear or Ask the Docs or The Barefoot Pub. It does make it easier to try to find the post later on if you know where to look for it. Hope this cleared up the confusion.

that's pretty good

that's pretty good description of what i ws trying to say.

They want a navigation

They want a navigation history link to appear either at the top or below or both. For example, right now I am in a thread called "Site changes and what you want in a community," but I cannot tell on this page what forum I am in. Other sites have navigation history links, i.e., Forums > Barefoot Pub > Site changes and what you want in a community , with each one of those levels hyperlinked for navigation.

I just broadcasted in my

I just broadcasted in my chapter that the member map now works. Great!

+1 for the site have navigation idea. It should be visible on the first sight where exactly a particular thread or comment is posted. Something like "you are here: ...." It should also be possible to click every single sub-directory separately (e.g. Barefoot Runners Society / Forums / Barefoot Pub).

I´m not happy with the fact that the Chapters and the Chapter-Forums are separeted. It took me weeks to understand this and all of our new members are confused in the beginning. The Chapter Page, the Chapter-Forum and the Chapter-Calendar of a particular Chapter (Germany, in my case) should be a unity. All elements shoud be visible and accessible on one single Chapter-Homepage.

I guess it would be a big issue to change this, but I´m sure it´s necessary and would be worth it.

Matt, thanks for the good work!

Viele Grü�e, Jo

That's one of the things I

That's one of the things I would like to see as well. I tried to create links inside the master greeting of the chapters, but decided to stop and see if there was a way to just add a link to a forum within the chapter itself (along the left side bar of each chapter). Now that Matt is here, I'm sure he can link each chapter's forum to each chapter. Right, Matt?

Also, as far as each chapter having its own map and calendar, that is something Matt and I have already been talking about, testing on a clone site (different platform), and he has been researching. We may have to go to another platform to achieve this though. Still deciding and weighing the pros and cons.

And yes, "breadcrumbs" was the term that failed to come to mind. :tired:

i try not to eat bread, but

i try not to eat bread, but sure.

I like the breadcrumb idea

I like the breadcrumb idea too...

How about the ability to chat with others logged on, or at least something that allows members to have more real-time interaction?

thumbs_up.gif
on all your hard work Matt. We really appreciate it!

YOW, have you tried PM?  I

YOW, have you tried PM? I guess you're looking for a MS Live or Chat type of communication though. PM works well for us.

Matt, I´ve got another

Matt, I´ve got another wish:

Whenever you enter a new event to the chapter calendar, a post is generated on the chapter-page automatically.

First: The order is wrong. It should be in chronological order by date of event, not date of entry.

Second: There is WAY too much text visible on the overview-page. Every event is clickable anyway, so there should only be a headline. All the details should only appear after clicking the event.

Please have a look at the Germany Chapter page. Scroll down to the point where the automatic calender event despriptions start. It´s a mess...

Best wishes and thank you so much for your good work, Jo