Site Changes and What you want in a Community.

mmoore5553_web

Barefooters
Oct 21, 2011
Hello everyone. I just wanted to throw this question out there. This is a site built for the members and therefore i would love to see what you think about all the changes lately. I have been very busy on getting things to run smoother than they ever have been but it is not a community set in stone.

I want to know what you want in a community. I do not care if you think it is an outragous thought or not. The world was not built upon one idea or thought; so why would a community be either.

I want to know what you are thinking ? What makes you the site good ? What makes it bad ? What do you want different. Do not worry I will not judge you. Okay maybe a little. Also i have tough skin so just let it fly out. If you rather not say it in this post please just message me your ideas. Let's stop using your feet for a moment and use that ole brain.
wink_smile.gif

Who knows the site might use some of your ideas. Just remember some things can be fixed and some can not. So let's all start thinking.

Matthew Moore

Hey Matt,My only thing I

Hey Matt,

My only thing I would change is with the messages feature. I would rather have it so when someone from this site sends me a message that it doesnt go straight to my personal email with their personal email and that it stays on the site in the messages tab. I would love to say I could trust everybody and wouldn't have to worry about my personal email getting hacked, but it has happened to me once before on a football blog site I belong to so I've just become more wary and security conscious with giving my personal email out. Thankfully the two local BRS members that have messaged me are good people. It's just a small detail, and maybe it's even something I can do on my end. I'm not the most tech savy person always, so sometimes the fix is staring me in the face. Thanks!

Perhaps a font change away

Perhaps a font change away from what resembles "Times New Roman", and perhaps a larger font size as well. I've at times zoomed in on pages on this site and left the font size bigger.

In other groups I read that

In other groups I read that have multiple sections to the forums I usually click on "New Posts" and see all of my unread posts in chronological order and don't even bother noting what section they were from.

Is there really no way to do that here? I asked a year or so ago but the recent activity option did'nt really work that way.

I understand why others would'nt want to filter through the Pub or possibly even the Gear & Footwear section, but I end up trying to read new posts in all sections so it would just make things easier for me that way.

I'm sure there are others that try to keep up with all the sections, and it would probably streamline things for them as well.

Like on this

Like on this one:

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/

I click "New Posts" and see all unread posts from every section rather than having to read every section individualy.

Not sure if that feature will work for an unregistered user though.

Longboard please look to the

Longboard please look to the right where it has your name located. You will see lots of options and now you should see a recent posts link. I think this is what you was wanting. Please let me know if i have misunderstood.

Sort of. But because it

Sort of. But because it combines forum topics with profiles, chapter calendar events, blog posts, etc. only half of the entries on each page are forum posts so it makes it a little harder to navigate.

an easier picture imbed into

an easier picture imbed into posts would be great. Preferably using the same system as attaching a file in an email. basically a button or link that says "attach file" or "attach picture" or something like that, which then opens up a window into my computer where one can brows and then upload the picture to the post.

Board, one way to fix/enhance

Board, one way to fix/enhance what you are talking about is to make those categories sortable. Right Matt? Then he could go to Recent Posts and click on Type. I think this can be accomplished in the View that was created for that page.

Changes today thanks to

Changes today thanks to longborn and kean

I have created recent posts on the right hand side by your account. You can click on that and sort it by each category now.

Also image attachments are now possible. You click on the little icon that says image on the first row - then browse server. Then click the upload button then pick your image you want to upload. Then hit insert . This should make it easier. I am trying to cut out some of the steps but right now this is better. Also you have management over your uploads. We have set a limit for you to have which is ten mb. But you can go in and delete images you have uploaded. This is not going to delete image from the post. This is just a way to manage your pictures incase you use them multiple times. Also it resizes the images automatically to 368x480. I hope you enjoy.

Once again thanks for the suggestions. I am working on the other suggestions at the moment too.

When I click recent and then

When I click recent and then sort by type how do I find the forum posts type without just randomly clicking pages until I find some forum posts?

Perfect!Thanks MM!!!!!

Perfect!

Thanks MM!!!!!

This is just me playing

100b0157.jpg

This is just me playing around with the file up-loader, i must say, i really like the new format. Also, this is me in Ireland, and im sorry to say this was before i became a barefoot runner/person.

Can you add Blog to the

Can you add Blog to the list/selection along with Forum and Story, Matt? That should probably cover what most people search for/are interested in reading. Thanks!