Silverton 12hr

Good luck, Abide. Have a great time!

Cool! Let us know how it goes.

Buzz, this may actually fit in our schedule. There's a better-than-average chance Merrell will send us to the Pacific NW this week. HOWEVER, if they don't, I'd love to do this. First, it gives us an excuse to go back to CO. Second, I REALLY want to spend more time around Silverton/Telluride. And hit at least a few 14ers. Up for playing guide? ;)

Cool, I'm only going to be up there a few days so I'm not sure how good of a guide I will be but I can pass along the limited info I have of that area.

what kind of training did you do?

Thanks Dutchie, feeling pretty good today I may even go for a run.

Ram I didn't really follow a plan, but I pretty much ran 5-6 days a week and a combination of sprints, doubles (like an 8 miler in the morning and 5 miles in the afternoon), medium slower trail runs (half marathon range) and some longer slow runs the longest was for 6hrs. The last 4-5 weeks of training I was running 40-60 miles a week. I lift weights a lot too.

The one thing I would liked to have trained more is fasted long runs like Jason suggetsed in his other post. I hit a wall hard after 15 miles and felt like crap the rest of the run. I think my body definitely functions better on glycogen than fat.

What kind of lifting are you doing? I've been doing the Greyskull LP two day a week program for a bit now and have been very pleased with the results.

I actually follow Wendlers 5/3/1. I was doing a 3 day split with two main lifts a day; squat/bench, power cleans/dead lift and press/front squats. I think it is a little too much though so I might change things around for a few cycles and do one main lift a day and then do some west side dynamic effort work for a second lift. Then of course the assistance work. Running though kills all progress for me, but superficially the results are good.

Do you do neck work? Have you had any issues progressing while running? The only way I have ever gotten LP to work for me is to gain weight.

Do you do neck work? Have you had any issues progressing while running? The only way I have ever gotten LP to work for me is to gain weight.

No, I don't do any neck work but it is recommended by the program. I've been progressing nicely but I started out on the light side. I knew that I had lost a good bit of strength from when I was 240 and lifting 4 days a week (I am now down below 200) and just randomly picked some lower levels to start with. I've been following the Leangains method and he claims that you don't need to bulk and cut and that you can add strength, build lean muscle and lose fat all at the same time. The only real issue that I have had is that doing dead lifts on Fridays makes my legs feel like crap for running on Saturday.