Signed up for my first 100 miler

Barefooting Bob

Chapter Presidents
Jul 18, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
All signed up for my first 100 miler in September, going to try it barefoot and see how it goes. It is a interesting course, and should be challenging with a good selection of hills, single track etc. Hard to believe I just started running about 4 years ago after a 37 year lapse, and I am attempting these types of distances.

Reactions: zapmamak
Lost Soul in Lethbridge, AB. Going to quite the adventure.
Thanks Jason, I was hooked after my first 50 and of course after reading your adventures.

I grew up about 25 minutes from Lethbridge. Have you been there before? Its a place with very extreme weather changes and high winds.

Oh wait , you're from Winnipeg another land of extreme weather. :) should almost feel like home just much dryer.

Cheese and crackers!!!!! Good luck and have fun!

I grew up about 25 minutes from Lethbridge. Have you been there before? Its a place with very extreme weather changes and high winds.
Lived most of my life in Alberta, the majority in Cold Lake, then Calgary for a few years. Been to Lethbridge on numerous occasions so I am quite familiar with the terrain, etc. Plus I designed a few of the buildings that are currently still standing in Lethbridge. Extreme conditions are nothing new, as you noted I am from Winnipeg for the last 20 years, lol.

I wish you much luck but more fun!

Reactions: Barefooting Bob