Sick of this Crap!

My mom got a turtle out of

My mom got a turtle out of the road the other day, Larry, so it runs in the family. We must save our relatives. ;-)

I am a solid 12:30 miler on a

I am a solid 12:30 miler on a good day. I would like to be faster only to be able to go further in the limited time I have to run. I too have a long torso and stumpy legs, but I don't feel like I don't have a "runners body" because of my short inseam and neither should any of you. If you are running you have a runner's body.

When I lose 40lbs I have no doubt I'll be faster, but I'll be surprised if I ever run a 8:15 mile like I did 25 years ago. It would be cool though!

~David

FYI: If you are in or near western NC, Check out my post in the NC Chapter Forum about Chris McDougal coming to Asheville April 29! I'll lined up at the back of the BF run that day! 8)

barefoottim: I agree

barefoottim:

I agree completely.

At the moment I don't run races because I don't want running to be about doing better than someone else, or even "personal best." I just like running, smelling the flowers and occasionally sprinting around bizarre things in sculpture gardens. When I run without shoes or in minimal shoes I see what's around me differently and I find it constantly interesting. When I push too hard to be able to take in what's around me I lose my grounding and start feeling those tell-tale abrasions, aches and pains.

Maybe some day I'll do a race, but not until I can get over the feeling that it's just another stressed out type-A thing in this overly competitive culture. I spent so many years desperately injured and unable to move, that running is enough of a gift.

...and I am very slow.
regular_smile.gif

Why do so many people put

Why do so many people put down road races? These are beneficial to keep me motivated and the races are so relaxing. I just wish I wasn't the only BFR at these events in my area. It would be nice to hang out.

Barefoot TJ wrote:My mom got

Barefoot TJ said:
My mom got a turtle out of the road the other day, Larry, so it runs in the family. We must save our relatives. ;-)

*LAUGH* Hi TJ, very funny! Save our relatives, new slogan!

Okay, so on this thread

Okay, so on this thread people are running from 7's to 12's. Do you all use a 180 cadence? I'm just trying to figure out the time differentials. Maybe leg length? Because they way I figure it, if a 6'3" tall runner and a 5'3" tall runner are both running 9 min/mile, the shorter runner would just have a faster leg turnover, right? But if the same two runners both ran with a 180 cadence, the taller runner would go farther. Is this correct? But this wouldn't account for an individual's personal time improvements. Unless, of course, you signed up for a leg change operation. I'm thinking about buying some Kenyan legs and having mine replaced. ;-) Sure, it would look strange in shorts, but I could cover most of them up with some of those compression sleeves. :)

Hey!  If we're talking leg

Hey! If we're talking leg replacements I want some like Barefoot Todd's - the guy who BF'd the 102 marathons. Did you see his pics! It takes quite a pair to get me excited about a guy's legs!

Uh oh...maybe I'm a little too exuberant here.

Barefoot TJ wrote:My mom got

Barefoot TJ said:

TJ, how about the duck you choked to death...hehehe.

I think it depends on how you

I think it depends on how you relax whether you like road races or not. Competing and being with others is how I relax, so I like them. I really like being on a relay team, too.

I run 11-12mm usually, and my cadence is 180. I'm not sure taller runners automatically have a bigger stride than shorter runners.

Don't remind me!  You win

Don't remind me! You win some, you lose some. And that was a goose, BTW. Now when I run around the lakes here, all of the geese go running away from me. They say, "Here she comes, that murderer I was telling you about." Watch out, geesies! We're coming back to vacation there next week! Okay, I'll try not to kill any of you this time. I promise. I will leave the bread at home.

There are a lot of short

There are a lot of short Kenyan elite runners.

I like "running" in races for

I like "running" in races for the camaraderie... and I get to show my barefoot colors. (Meaning, show others they too can run healthy and happy like me.)

miker wrote:Okay, so on this

miker said:
Okay, so on this thread people are running from 7's to 12's. Do you all use a 180 cadence? I'm just trying to figure out the time differentials.

I'm short. About 5'3" and I always try to keep to about a 180 cadence. When I don't, I overstride and end up with IT band issues. My average pace is around 11-12 min mile.

Im running my 1st half

Im running my 1st half tomorow, im shootin for 10min/mile. I just did a 10k with a 7-8min/mile. I like speed and would like to go faster!! Being one of the few bf runners (the others wore VFFs) in the few races ive done, i like the surprised look on peoples faces
lol.png

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test