Showing my BRS colors at this weekends half marathon 10/16/10

I got the thong a while ago,

I got the thong a while ago, but I put it on and haven't seen it since:eek:

Hysterical!

Hysterical!

Finished my Neuse RIver

Finished my Neuse RIver Bridge Half Marathon in 1:45:00, the magical BRS tech shirt helped. Temperature was 65, perfect weather conditions. I was 45th overall. I'm 47 and still getting my but kicked by people in my age group. Actually the BRS community helped me finish, because all the shared tips help.

Typical comments when I passed people were "Look, he's running barefoot...Oh he's with the Barefoot Runners Society. Someone wondered if the Barefoot Runners Society was some kind of secret club LOL, because they have never seen a barefoot runner LOL. I had a lot of people that came up to me afterwards and said that they were going to start running barefoot. It is so convenient to point to the address on the BRS tech shirt, and tell people to visit the site.

The half marathon started before the 5k and 10k. We caught up and passed the 5 k power walkers. Is it just me, but why do the 5K power walkers giggle when I pass them, but runners are cool about the barefoot running? How about at the start, out of the corner of my eye I can see runner nudging their friend and pointing at my feet.

I have come to the conclusion that running barefoot is hilarious. I guess I should wear shoes, so I can experience what it feels like when I see a barefoot runner

LOL

barefoot ramzev wrote: The

barefoot ramzev said:
The great advantage of our sport over all others is that we don't need a ball or a team or a field, or even, according to some, shoes. We just need to stand someplace, imagine ourselves in the center of a circle, pick one out of the 360 degrees available to us, and head thataway. ~Peter Sagal

Totally off-topic here, but, Ramzev, I LOVE that Peter Sagal quote! I like Peter even more now than I already did. :)

Abide wrote:What's a racing

Abide said:
What's a racing singlet?

Abide--There's a stickied thread on the Gear forum with photos of me in my racing singlet (which is just a tank top.)

Also, when everyone gets their gear, take a pic and add it to that thread! It's the "BRS Next Top Model" thread. I think it would be great to see what the shirts really look like!

Although Ram, I'll go on the record as still being PRO-PANTS. ;)

And Larry, congrats on your race!! Great time!!

thanks Beth for chiming in,

thanks Beth for chiming in, yep...we carry singlets. Like Beth said, basically a tank, or a sleeveless tech shirt.

Ram, seriously cracked up at your missing thong :O

Larry!! Way to go! I know you've been pushing for that time for some time now, way to go!! Congratulations on the time and good foot feel run! Thanks for continuing to spread the word )

I commented on your other

I commented on your other thread, Larry.

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
... yep...we carry singlets. Like Beth said, basically a tank, or a sleeveless tech shirt.

I'm not sure when they started calling a tank a singlet, but the name comes from the wrestling singlet, which is a tank top/shorts one piece outfit, hence the name.

LOL, now that something we

LOL, now that something we don't carry. Now how does that differ from a leotard?? :p

I agree, not sure why they dont just call it a tank or sleeveless shirt.

Board, board, board.  Do you

Board, board, board. Do you ever get headaches? Hee.

The singlet has longer legs.

The singlet has longer legs. Leotards only started to get such varied cuts in the top or legs in the 70's-80's, wrestlers pretty much just had different cuts to the tops, but always had singlets with legs, never bikini like .

Mr. Leotard himself wore tights in conjunction with his invention, which he called a Maillot.

He died long before the garment was named after him.

My body aches today from racing and walking around for hours after, but my head feels fine.

I only had stored info in my head for the first post, to answer Zum's question I simply checked Wiki.

Now my fingertips and eyes hurt.

How cool is THIS fact?

Mr. Leotard, a French circus performer, was the guy they were singing about in "The Man On the Flying Trapeze"!

I think I'll wear one in the next race.

Oh, you must take pictures!

Oh, you must take pictures!

lmao, now that we have to see

lmao, now that we have to see LB!

thanks for indulging me, and here I thought it was Jane Fonda who invented the leotard :p

Longboard wrote:The singlet

Longboard said:
The singlet has longer legs. Leotards only started to get such varied cuts in the top or legs in the 70's-80's, wrestlers pretty much just had different cuts to the tops, but always had singlets with legs, never bikini like .

Mr. Leotard himself wore tights in conjunction with his invention, which he called a Maillot.

He died long before the garment was named after him.

My body aches today from racing and walking around for hours after, but my head feels fine.

I only had stored info in my head for the first post, to answer Zum's question I simply checked Wiki.

Now my fingertips and eyes hurt.

How cool is THIS fact?

Mr. Leotard, a French circus performer, was the guy they were singing about in "The Man On the Flying Trapeze"!

I think I'll wear one in the next race.

shock.png
wow dude

but pics or it didnt happen

Procurred the 'tard, pics fo

Procurred the 'tard, pics fo sho when I race in 'em!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts