Should You Try Barefoot Running? Weight Shift And Stride Changes Could Be Better For Your Body

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Great video, thanks TJ. I love Michael's escapades. While he is a classically trained doctor and comes over as that a lot of the time in some of the things he does, he does put himself out there to try stuff, experience personally and experiment, where most doctors sit mired in their surgeries wallowing in their egotistical ignorance. I'd so love if he was my GP (my current GP is a total ****).

The one thing that does annoy me a little about this video is that they didn't compare Michael the full time shoddy to a full time barefooter. Taking a shoddy and asking them to run barefoot does not give a true picture of how a foot truly works when running because those muscles aren't developed to do so. One really needs to take someone who runs barefoot and compare and their pressure map and mechanics to the shoddy's running - i'm sure there would be a huge difference.

Nice little video and good to hear that they recommend transitioning slowly.
Not too sure about the foot landing of the barefoot runner they're using though -looks like they're not making contact with the heel at all -i.e. literally just running on the balls of their feet. That way lies some very sore calves me thinks!...
So ditto Lorri -would've been better perhaps to use a more regular Bf runner in their tests...