Shod vs. bare/minimal rant

miker

Chapter Presidents
Jul 26, 2010
I spend a fair amount of time looking for barefoot running stuff on the web. This link is to a "discussion" about shod vs. bfr. This is fairly typical of the crap that is out there. This is why we need organizations like the BRS (my opinion).

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=13216832

I find the amount of igorance

I find the amount of igorance ironic, given the name of the site -- "The Straight Dope: fighting ignorance since 1973"

But that said, I did find that by the 2nd page of the discussion, the comments got a lot more civil and intelligent. Instead of resorting to automatic insults, they were actually discussing the issue.

I especially liked the fact

I especially liked the fact that we are all foot fetish pot smoking hippies. I think if they came and hung out with me for a day they'd see how absurdly wrong on all accounts they really are.

It was so important to some

It was so important to some of us from the RW BFR Forum to have a HOME to call our own, so we built one.

Oooo!  If I wander away from

Oooo! If I wander away from the path and woods get so dark and scary! I'm so glad I don't have to go wandering around the web into such nasty neighborhoods too often.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7