SERIOUSLY, wine or beer at fatigue point

I run for wine, but only as

I run for wine, but only as motivation to get me home. If I had it during the run, would I just keep going and going? Or would you find me sprawled out under a tree by the pond, talking to the ducks?

Heck, either way, it's worth the experiment.

Hells yeah...maybe I'll be

Hells yeah...maybe I'll be running with one of those hats with two beer holders and straws on them!!! That would seriously rock.....or not....

Had to bring this thread

Had to bring this thread back...

Ready to experiement Weds???

Now I just have to make up that waiver.....

Wine iskiate hear we come....................................................

snowshoe_hare wrote:Had to

snowshoe_hare said:
Had to bring this thread back...

Ready to experiement Weds???

Now I just have to make up that waiver.....

Wine iskiate hear we come....................................................

I haven't got around to trying this yet. Since its hot out now I'm thinking instead of wine I'm going to try Mike's Hard Limeade mixed with chia seeds on a mid-day hot run and see what happens... could be a disaster but who knows!

Love limeade so i'm trying it first.

ooowwwww, Mike's Hard stuff

ooowwwww, Mike's Hard stuff is a good idea....

Plus, seems to be lots of sugar in those drinks, eh!?!?

Bubbles may be interesting... is there more carbonation than beer (I haven't had one in a long time.....)

Let me know how it goes, eh?!!?

I tried the Mike's Hard

I tried the Mike's Hard Limeade with chia seeds...the carbonation with seeds do not go together to me but not bad on the taste after being hot and wore out with another 20 - 30 minutes to go. I'll try this again on a really long run without the chia seeds later this summer.

How much are you drinking

How much are you drinking when you do this, Mokie. To me, chia seeds have very little to no taste. Hard Limeade and Lemonade are really yummy.

Barefoot TJ wrote:How much

Barefoot TJ said:
How much are you drinking when you do this, Mokie. To me, chia seeds have very little to no taste. Hard Limeade and Lemonade are really yummy.

It was one Limeade mixed in a water bottle with about 1.5 spoonful of seeds, it maybe I just don't like carbonation when I'm tired, hot and wore out. I have to try it a couple different ways to see. The Hard Limeade is sure good after a run though!

I think Thunderbird would be

I think Thunderbird would be ideal! Seriously though, when I ran the B'more 1/2 there was a family handing out shots of Guiness, it is probably the best beer I have ever tasted, it really picked me up, probably more mental than anything but it worked.

I'm going to start some studies of my own. I'm thinking that a flat beer/Mike's would work best.

RUM AIRPLANE MINI'S!!!

I kinda forgot about this

I kinda forgot about this thread. mokaman, I used Mike's Hard Lemonade and chia as my primary fuel source for Mind the Ducks (12 hour ultra.) I thought it worked great! I poured about 2 ounces in a cup, dumped in a scoop of chia, then drank it immediately. I don't like wet chia seeds... to frog egg-like.

I plan on using this as a primary fuel for Burning River 100 in July...

Last Place Jason wrote:I

Last Place Jason said:
I kinda forgot about this thread. mokaman, I used Mike's Hard Lemonade and chia as my primary fuel source for Mind the Ducks (12 hour ultra.) I thought it worked great! I poured about 2 ounces in a cup, dumped in a scoop of chia, then drank it immediately. I don't like wet chia seeds... to frog egg-like.I plan on using this as a primary fuel for Burning River 100 in July...

Yup, I will try it like that Jason...I've never tried chia seeds that were not frog-egg like which I don't mind normally. I've testing which Mike's I like the best so far its the Limeade but there are a couple more to check out.

I eat my chia seeds

I eat my chia seeds straight. I drink water to flush them down.

I started playing with chia

I started playing with chia seeds this week. Only question so far is how much to use. Been putting a spoonful on my salads, in my cereal, even on my peanut butter samich at lunch.

I've read some different

I've read some different nutritional info.

Anybody have the FACTS for sure???

Sounds like they have lots of fiber and "good" fat...

Pefect carb. to protein ratio [4:1]...

I have about 2 tablespoons a day, usually mixed with water, salt solution, and lemon juice...

Dirtdemon77, Do they get stuck in your teeth, putting them in a sandwich????

hey snowshoe...they sure do

hey snowshoe...they sure do get caught in my teeth. But they aren't any worse than the chunks from the peanut butter, or the twigs, seeds, and chunks of sawdust from the all natural high fiber bread my wife buys. Last summer I trained with Endurox R4, which has the same 4:1 car/protien ratio. Only problem is it is expensive as hell, and tastes like butt! So, I'll take a few seeds caught in my teeth any day.

Has anyone had chia upset

Has anyone had chia upset their stomach? I've been having some stomach "issues" that seemed to clear up when I quit eating chia. Then, the other night I was feeling good and decided to have a few spoonfuls of the gel...later I had a horrible stomach ache. I can't say for sure it's related, but I'm kinda scared to have some again.

I've heard of others having

I've heard of others having digestive problems. Sometimes it's hard to narrrow it down.

I didn't read all the posts

I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but sounds like something to try. A friend of mine who was in the army ran a marathon in Germany, and he said they had wine, beer, and "fizzy appley juice" at the aid stations.

Anyway, I am planning on doing a run in Tulsa Oklahoma on Nov. 13, 2010 called the Guinness Challenge (actually, I guess it is called McNellie's Pub Run, but there is an option that they call the Guinness Challenge). Here is what is says on the race description (http://www.mcnelliespubrun.com/challenge.html):

GUINNESS CHALLENGE 4 MILE RUN

A special category for those walkers and runners who would like to drink their beer before the race is over! Guinness Challenge participants will have to FINISH three 12 ounce Guinness pints during the 4 mile run; one at each water stop (at about mile marker 1.5 and 3) and one at the finish line. Male and female Guinness Challenge winners will win $300 (1st place), $150 (2nd place), and $50 (3rd place) house accounts at McNellie’s Pub.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts