Second to last week in August, where have your feet been?

Good work everyone! 40 Miles

Good work everyone!

40 Miles Total

17 Miles Long Run (VFF)

10 Miles mixed in thoughout the week (Bare)

13.1 Mile Trail Race (Bare) North Country Trail Race Half Marathon.

Liz - good luck with the half

Liz - good luck with the half training! I ran my first half marathon this spring, barefoot. When I got to the finish line, there were so many people yelling, "Holy cow! That lady's barefoot!" I think at that distance, the barefoot thing starts to become really impressive.

As for me, 36 miles total.

17 barefoot on roads

3 in my new VFFs (they were free and I don't like them)

16 mile long run on trails in huaraches.

It was my first long run on a trail - I'll post more about it later because I have some questions.

I'm at 760 for 2010!

Thanks SillyC - My first half

Thanks SillyC - My first half was last spring in my VFFs, and people were still really impressed. I'll have 2 KY Chapter members with me, so it will be great if we stick together the whole way.

BB, did you get out for

BB, did you get out for another 6miler? Glad to hear your heels are feeling better.

Liz, right on! Make sure to get lots of pix, running in a barefoot pack does feel pretty empowering doesn't it? We just had our first group run yesterday, it was pretty sweet.

We put in 6mi or so, mine were all barefoot. I ran into a runner wearing Vibrams, I chased after her and passed out my card. I think I passed out a total of 4 business cards this weekend to potential barefooters/ minimalists. A friend of mine also informed me that his uncle down in Phoenix is a barefooter. Andrew Holtum are you on here???

So, finished up with a long

So, finished up with a long run today:

Tues - 3.1 (yes, it is exactly a 5K from my work to my house)

Fri - 4.7

Sun - 7.0 (at noon in heat and sun, but went better than I thought)

So, this was 14.8 for the week - going up slowly, but I need to start pumping up my mileage since I just signed up for a half. For different reasons, some good and some bad, all my miles this week were in water shoes. I was particularly impressed with today's longer run - feet held up really good, and no hint of the PTT I was dealing with. I felt very fresh after skipping last week's long run - time to up the miles next week, I think.

Zum: No more running for me

Zum: No more running for me tihs week. If the cold I just happened to catch when my heel started feeling ok clears up quickly I'm going to try to make up for it next week though.

Abide, I gave my card to his

Abide, I gave my card to his sister (the Mom of my friend). If I hear from him, I'll send him your way :)

what are these cards you guys

what are these cards you guys are referring to? I think I need something to hand out to potential BRS members.

Today I was driving back from lunch and actually saw another barefoot runner. And I mean a REAL barefoot runner. Would have loved to have stopped and talked to him but one of my passengers was late for a meeting and had to get back to work.

There's a good chance that he works on the same street as I do so maybe I'll encounter him during one of my lunchtime runs.

Are you guys talking about

Are you guys talking about the BRS "business" cards? If so, go here Shacky: http://www.barefootrunners.org/build2/forum-topic/freebie-just-you-wonderful-brs-members

cool, thanks TJ.  Just found

cool, thanks TJ. Just found out the McDougall is coming to San Diego on the 13th. I'll probably print a bunch of them and see if I can drum up a few more members while there

Thanks, Shacky!

Thanks, Shacky!

Yep, those'd be the cards

Yep, those'd be the cards Shack:) Mcdougall's coming to MN on the 15th. I'm going to see if I can make it, hope so.

BB, feelin better?

And shut the front door, it's September?! New thread..

16.52 miles this week. One

16.52 miles this week. One run (5.5 miles) was an indoor barefoot run on the track at YMCA. Did speedwork and didn't think my feet were quite ready for that on the rough pavement, and it also rained that morning.