Second to last week in August, where have your feet been?

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
eh, how do you like that TJ ;) I'm covering my bases here LOL

Sunday-22rd 5mi barefoot

Monday-15mi bellydance, 1hr world dance

Tuesday 1.5hrs zumba

Planned:

Wednesday-25th 1hr zumba and 5-6mi barefoot

Thursday-1hr zumba

Friday 1hr Zumba

Saturday-28th MN BRS Group run...5-7mi? barefoot

Not a whole lot for runs lately, I've got Zumba coming out of my ears though and more to come soon. I'm sad that running is taking the back burner, though hopefully with my fall schedule with teaching 7-8classes of Zumba and Bellydance, I can still fit in 3 runs a week.

So, where've your feet been barefooters?

4mi barefoot so far this

4mi barefoot so far this week, plus one hour of aikido. Coming off a five-day rest because I overdid it last week and my knee rebelled. So far, the ice is keeping it under control, but I've got at least another week (probably two) before I'm back at full strength...

2 miles Tuesday, don't know

2 miles Tuesday, don't know if I'll run any more this week. Need to baby my left heel for a while, it's got a crack the size of Grand Canyon and it started to bleed after ½ mile yesterday. Not fun.

Slacking...on summer vacation

Slacking...on summer vacation :)

Hey BB a quick idea for the crack, make sure you are staying well hydrated. When I start to get them usually it will go away if I make sure to drink a lot more. However sometimes in winter they are inevitable.

Well, I'm confused by using a

Well, I'm confused by using a solar calendar instead of a lunar one, ;) but I finally got back into the game with a 20 minute run today. It might not have been the smartest thing to jump back in with the same time run after 24 days off, but it seems to have worked okay.

Why'd you take 24 days off,

Why'd you take 24 days off, George? I must have missed your story.

Ouch, BB! Use olive oil or coconut oil on your heel everynight, or open a caplet of Vitamin D and run the oil all over the crack just before you go to bed. If you can stand it, wrap your foot in some plastic wrap and then put on a sock. That sucker will heal in no time.

Yes, Zum, that should cover it. ;-)

TJ: I got this cream from the

TJ: I got this cream from the pharmacy that's supposed to work for cracked heels. Problem is, I haven't used it as much as I should have, applied it once a week or so ago (yeah, I've been running with my heel in this state. It makes my footprints look cool or something) and then forgot about it but I'll do better this time around. I'm not going to run again until I'm all healed up. It might cost me my marriage though since I'm such a pleasant guy when I can't run. :p

I've done 6miles so far. I'm

I've done 6miles so far. I'm kinda slacking this week because I'm starting training for a half next week. This will be my first barefoot half!:D

I improved my minimalist 5K

I improved my minimalist 5K PR by 3 full minutes on Saturday. I ran 1.5 mi on Monday (and stepped on a giant rock), and about 2 on Tuesday.

Stepping on a giant rock is not fun.

TJ - The long break was just

TJ - The long break was just too much life drama going on. Of course, I probably would have dealt with it better if I hadn't let running slide off my priority list. :)

To do errands today, I ended up walking further than I ran, with wet roads, which has my feet a bit tender, but nowhere near as bad as I had feared for my first day back!

Hopefully I won't jinx myself

Hopefully I won't jinx myself but I am on pace for a couple milestones

My first 60 mile week and my first 200 mile month (as he crosses his toes)

Whoo-hoo, Shack Man!

Whoo-hoo, Shack Man!

go Shackalicious go!! Nice

go Shackalicious go!! Nice work man

George, hopefully this break did your feet some good. Welcome back

forgot to add that all zumba has been barefoot this week, so far so good. my arches are a bit achy from it though. I've worn shoes for a total of about 10min cummulatively for the last week, it's been awesome!

Blind Boy wrote:TJ: I got

Blind Boy said:
TJ: I got this cream from the pharmacy

Yea, me too...wait...nevermind...

Ram, I have a feeling we're

Ram, I have a feeling we're not talking about the same thing here and if I'm right I'd like to switch. Your "pharmacy" sounds better, or at least a lot more fun.

I didn't run bare yet this

I didn't run bare yet this week - not sure why. One 5K and one tonight (4-5 miles? - will map it for official reporting) that had me winding to stores to buy birthday presents and then a backpack to put bags in that I'd been carrying for awhile. I think I have a little solution for "running" errands now - just needs some tweaking and velcro.

I have been hitting the upper body hard in prep for Warrior Dash. I swam Wednesday night for the first time in a long time, even did a whole length of butterfly. I've been spooked by the pool because I got the Injury with the capital "I" training in the pool.

Today for training with the trainer it was burpees and rope climbing and kettle bell swings and a whole bunch of other stuff. Then I did the errand run I missed from last night. I was quite proud of doing two workouts in one day, especially after getting 7 shots this morning (rabies vaccine).

Schwab, good for you for

Schwab, good for you for running errands in a literal sense! That's awesome.

lmao Ram, how's that workin for ya?

BB, how are the feet?

woot woot, MN Barefooters meet up this afternoon. NO clue what our distance will be, but it should be a nice run, the route is favorable.

I have a grand total of 8

I have a grand total of 8 Miles so far this week

A really great 6 mile run Tuesday

2 light and breezy miles yesterday morning

and tomorrow I'll add a 10 miler race to the tally making it 18 for the week!

All Barefoot!

Zum, I'm contemplating if I

Zum, I'm contemplating if I should add another six miles to this week's total. It seems to have healed up fairly well with a few days of rest, it doesn't hurt to touch the cracked area anymore.

Tuesday - 7.21 (bare)Tuesday

Tuesday - 7.21 (bare)

Tuesday - 7.6 (Huaraches + bare)

Wednesday - 4.95 (bare)

Thursday - 5.85 (bare)

Thursday - 6.8 (bare)

Thursday - 4.85 (VFF Classics)

Saturday - 20.5 (Huaraches)

I hope to get in another 3 or 4 in the morning to meet my goals. Body is begging for a rest though.