SayPay in Afghanistan?

FreeYourToes

Barefooters
Nov 23, 2010
So there I was sitting in a hot, crowded office in eastern Afghanistan waiting for a fellow soldier to get a new ID card made. I picked up the military's newspaper, Stars and Stripes, and start reading it. I turn the page and I see a giant bare foot with the title of the article "Sole Life". I start to read the article and the first two words are "Christian Peterson". The original article found here http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/wellness/122962433.html was published in the June 21, 2011 paper and given to troops all throughout Iraq and Afghanistan. Of course once I read the article I walked up to my friend and said "I ran the Honolulu Marathon with this guy and now I am sitting here reading about him in the paper". Looks like running barefoot is becoming more acceptable if the military, of all the hardass set in their way people, are taking time to put it in their own newspaper.

For those who care the digital edition of the paper can be found here for the next couple days

http://estripes.osd.mil/index.php?archive=202703761764088209645088238789

Its in the June 21, 2011 Middle East edition

SP is such an AW, isn't he? 

SP is such an AW, isn't he? And what's up with those ginormous feet!

Agree, he's a huge AW and

Agree, he's a huge AW and remember SP is 6'7" his feet are as long as I am tall.

That is cool that the Armed

That is cool that the Armed Forces picked it up! Man that is cool! Their newsletter is top-notch too, very professional. But you're still an AW, SP, and will jump at every opportunity. ;-) Love you, SP! You did a great job of representing, as always.

For the record, TJ set that

For the record, TJ set that interview up. I had nothing to do with its distribution to the armed forces. That is pretty cool though.

And for as big of an AW as I am, you love me. You know you do...

So true.

So true.

I really like what this paper

I really like what this paper did with the article. The original was full of BS, and came out very much against barefoot running. This article cut all the crap out. In the first article, I felt like the writer was putting me out there to say "hey, look at this freak!"

If it's the same one we

If it's the same one we talked about before, I didn't think it seemed so bad, but I can see where if you are the "subject" then it could feel that way. Regardless, you always represent barefoot running and the BRS well. THANK YOU! But you're still an AW! :crown:

It's only love, SP.  Take it!

It's only love, SP. Take it!

He's self proclaimed too.

He's self proclaimed too.

I actually run inside my

I actually run inside my turtle shell, so no one can see me. ;-)

I beg to differ, Sir!  I

I beg to differ, Sir! I don't have a blog, I don't write about myself, and I don't pimp for swag, unlike you! Ptttth! :tongue:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts