Sarawakian girl runs barefoot in cross country championship, wins first place for Girls U12 category

ShakiraBarefootRunner.jpeg
Sarawakian girl runs barefoot in cross country championship, wins first place for Girls U12 category
By The Borneo Post Online

“Commenting on why Shakira participated barefoot, Afdal said it was her own choice to do so despite having a pair of shoes ready to use for the competition.

“Shakira also made the decision to go barefoot after finding out the competition’s track goes through mostly slippery terrain.

“I did tell her not all parts of the tracks were slippery, and some parts were covered in grass, but she made her decision and I have to respect that,” he said."

KUCHING: A Sarawakian girl who participated barefoot at the Malaysian School Sports Council (MSSM) 2022 National Cross Country Championship won first place for the Girls U12 category.

The competition was held in Setiu, Terengganu last Saturday (Aug 6) and was hosted by SMK Bukit Nenas.

Hailing from SK Ulu Entabai in Sarikei, 12-year-old Shakira Onie Henry recorded a gun time of 0:16:02 seconds and running pace of 4:00 in her category, beating runner-up Nur Fara Syuhada Mat Razali from Terengganu who recorded a gun time of 0:16:13 and running pace of 4:03.

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.theborneopost.com/2022/...ship-wins-first-place-for-girls-u12-category/

Borneo Post Online
Sarawakian girl runs barefoot in cross country championship, ... recorded a gun time of 0:16:02 seconds and running pace of 4:00 in her category, ...

Very inspirational, I hope she carries on and doesn't get bought out by the shoe companies.
It would be a bit tricky running on a muddy surface, she must have had good balance.

Neil
And she's young! Ha!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts