San Diego RNR 060511 anyone?

SaraLord

Administrator
Jun 23, 2010
I'm shooting for the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon on June 5 2011. If you are planning to be there, I'd love to have a virtual training buddy. Only 215 days away!

Sara, I'd be interested in

Sara, I'd be interested in running it. I have my first half coming up in December (the Las Vegas RNR), and another in February (Surf City, in Huntington), so June sounds about right for doing my first full!

Ron, will you be meeting

Ron, will you be meeting Barefoot Ken Bob there in Huntington? He always runs that marathon. You can PM him through the site to ask, or you can join the Los Angeles Chapter to keep apprised of the events going on with that group. Ken Bob is the Chapter President for LA.

Hello Roberekson!This sounds

Hello Roberekson!

This sounds great. I'm not far enough along yet to do a half in Dec or Feb, but good for you. Right now my plan is to get up to about 6 miles 3x/week by the end of the year and then start a marathon training plan in January. How long have you been running?

Barefoot TJ, I missed Ken Bob in Albuquerque over the summer - still bummed.

I've been running (again)

I've been running (again) for about 3 months now. I ran a lot when I was younger, but let my office job get the better of me :). I'm up to about 20 miles/week right now, and I've lost 20 pounds to boot, yay!

TJ, I'll contact Ken Bob, it would be fun to meet up with him. I'll have my 3 brothers with me at the race too (the rest of the "Barefoot Brothers"), so it would be fitting.

Ken Bob took a reprieve while

Ken Bob took a reprieve while he was trying to finish his Running Barefoot book, but I think if you check the chapter's home page he has left a note for some upcoming runs.

Bummer about that Sara, but at least we have him on board here at the BRS as our senior advisor and resident guru.