Running with Moleskin?

Barefoot Terry

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Hey all!

I've got a half marathon next Sunday. My training has been lagging, but I did 8 miles yesterday in 1:20. So, I'm not terribly out of shape. However, I developed a blister just below my toes on the ball of my foot. Has anyone ever run barefoot with moleskin covering a blister? Does it work, or will it just peel off during a run? I really want to run this race barefoot (it's an inaugural event in my hometown). However, since it is my hometown, I don't want to be the idiot who bloodied his bare foot in a race.

Thoughts anyone?

Your blister will probably

Your blister will probably heal before next Sunday.
Then watch your form to avoid developping a new blister.

I had a blister on Wednesday morning at the base of my 2nd toe, caused by the knot on my huaraches. Today (Sunday) for my 10k I was wearing one of these fancy padded and sealed bandaids and it stayed on. But it was in an area that is not used very much when running barefoot.

Good luck!

Yeah, I noticed I was pushing

Yeah, I noticed I was pushing off about mile 5...got a little lazy, then felt the hot spot develop. I was able to run the last 3 without breaking the blister, so that gives me hope! Thanks for the tip about the bandaid...I'll see how i'm healing by next weekend.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test