Running Show - Lee Saxby

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Martyn, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Martyn

Martyn
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. United Kingdom
    3. International

Good Thursday evening to you all.

Tomorrow we collect a van, load the van and head down to that London to take part in the second London Running Show.

Sunday afternoon Lee Saxby (level 4) POSE running coach is talking about the benifits of running barefoot. I would love to go and have a listen. I am there selling Vibram Five Fingers and "Barefoot Running" by Michael Sandler, so I think I might be a bit busy.

This new UK chapter now has a Facebook page if you would like to check it out. I cant see what the finished page looks like because I created it. Have a look and see if its working, please let me know.

The running show is on at Olympia 2 in London this weekend. Feel free to stop by stand C24 and say Hi.

Martyn

2. Piggyback RidePlease

Piggyback RidePlease
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom
    2. International

The Facebook page looks fine. I like the link you have there.

(In case anyone wants to find the Facebook page, search for "Barefoot Runners Society - United Kingdom" of course. Simples!).

I'm not off to the show, where can I get that book in the UK?

3. Martyn

Martyn
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. United Kingdom
    3. International

The book you are looking for is from my website at www.fastandfresh.co.uk

Shame I didnt get to listen to Lee doing his talk, but we were swamped on our stand all weekend.

There is a lot of mind set in runners that needs to be broken down. Most are convinced that the only way to run is with a heel strike. Pushing past this seemed to be very hard work.

We just need to keep pushing the message. One odd look at a time.

Martyn

4. melaniepittam

melaniepittam
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi Martyn, are you going to be at the Virigin Running Expo which is on just before the London Marathon?

Also, if anyone knows, I would like to try and enter the London Marathon next year (my first one ever)! Do you know whether you get an option to mention about running it barefoot - to maybe make it easier to get a place.

Thanks
    Melanie