Running Plans for 2013

Two FAT ASS 50Ks in January
Badger Mountain 100M (!) in March
then I think Born to Run 100M (in May?)

Would love to pace for someone on a Hundo during the summer. Depends on if and where I'm employed by then.

H2C in August
Portland Marathon
(Maybe) Quadzilla in November (4 marathons in 4 days in Seattle area on T-Day weekend)

Wow, BOB! Good luck with that!

bubba_hotep - could you let me know when registration goes up for El Scorcho? My parents live in Plano, and we're probably going to visit at that time of year. Nothing set in stone yet, though.

Good luck with the surgery, tomorrow, TJ! Hope it's the last!

Registration opens on Feb 25 and the race is July 20/21. I am going to be in Colorado the week before for work and to run the Leadville 50 mile, so I'm guessing that I will be pretty much beat by the time El Scorcho starts at midnight!

Registration opens on Feb 25 and the race is July 20/21. I am going to be in Colorado the week before for work and to run the Leadville 50 mile, so I'm guessing that I will be pretty much beat by the time El Scorcho starts at midnight!

Thanks!

But you're still planning on doing it? Great! - then maybe you'll be willing to wait for my sorry behind and take me out for pancakes. :) Or something. I just did a road 50K and it took me about 5:20, I think. But it was cold.

Reactions: dutchie53
If I get good news at the doc tomorrow, Nueces 50k, if not next race will be Hells Hills 50m, I am considering Pandoras Box of Rox in May or R2r2r depending on a few things... El Scorcho, Cactus Rose 100... I guess lots more up in the air than I thought when I started typing.

Reactions: Sid
Thanks!

But you're still planning on doing it? Great! - then maybe you'll be willing to wait for my sorry behind and take me out for pancakes. :) Or something. I just did a road 50K and it took me about 5:20, I think. But it was cold.

Yeah, I'm always up for pancakes! I would like to aim for sub-5:00 but that really depends on what kind of effort I put in the weekend before at Leadville or if I even run that race.

I decided at the end of last year that 2013 was going to be the year of testing the waters of the ultra scene. I also want to finally start getting into hills and trail running. So far on the agenda:

March 10 - Frankfurt Half Marathon (Frankfurt, Germany)
May 18 - Keufelskopf Trail 45k (Reichweiler, Germany)
June 16 - Harzer Keiler, 24km mud/obstacle run (Hörden am Harz, Germany)
September 21- Dances With Dirt 50M (Hell, MI)

I'm still looking for a 50k in mid-August, but so far it looks like it's going to be a long and lonely training run instead of a race.
@Willie: If you're up for it, maybe we can figure out some sort of BRS-Deutschland ultra run somewhere... You know lots of good running trails, right? :)

@Rick: Will you be anywhere near Frankfurt during your time here?

Reactions: Sid and BFwillie_g
@Rick: Will you be anywhere near Frankfurt during your time here?

Hi Chelsea. My family had to postpone Germany for a year. We took too long on getting the plane tickets and they got too expensive.

We stay in the town of Schliersee, south of Munich, the last week of June and the first 2 weeks of July. Prior to the trip I will see if any races are nearby. It's a long time away, but if any BRS meetups or races are in the area let me know, it's not too difficult to jump on the train.

What're you all running in 2013?

Here's my schedule:

TARC spring thaw 6 hour, Andover, MA - Sometime in late march?
North Face Endurance Challenge Bear Mountain, NY 50 miler - May 4th - already registered
El Scorcho, Fort Worth, TX - Mid-July - most probably!

And you?
These are the races that I have planned for this year:

- League of Asturias
- April 7: VI Mountain Race "The Asturcón" - Organizer: GM Oxygen - Distance: 28 km - ascent: 2,400 m.

- Asturias Cup
- 1st Test: April 28: II running trails "Muniellos Gate" - Organizer: GM of Moal - Distance: 20 km - ascent: 2,200 m
- 2nd Test: May 12: "X picu Pienzu Ascent" - Organizer: GM Picu Pienzu - Distance: 21 km - ascent: 2600m
- 3rd Test: July 20: V Carrera "Endurance United Astur" - Organizers: G. M. United Astur - Distance: 45 km - ascent: 5,500 m
- 4th Test: August 4: "IV Valgrande trail" - Organizers: GM Avientu - Centeno - Distance: 21 km - ascent: 3,100
- 5th Test: September 1: "Mea Peña Quebrapates IX" - Organizer: GM Peña Mea - Distance: 30 km - ascent: 4400 m
- Cup of Carreres Asturias Long Distance
15 and June 16: "X Travesera Picos de Europa" - Organizer: GM Ensidesa - Gijon - Distance: 74 km - ascent: 13,120 m.
- 14 and September 15 "Challenge Somiedo" - 100km - ascent: 12,200 m

- Race Championship Asturias Vertical
June 2: "I Llampaces Vertical" - Organizer: GM Picu Dubil - Distance: 4 km - ascent: 820 m

- May: Ultra trail "Pelegrins" 63km.
- June: 24 hours in the gym running indor shotokan.
- June: 100 km Santander - Spain championship veterans.
- August: 48 hours running race "Corvera48"
- September: 24 hours running race "The fresneda"
- October: Seronda trail series.

Holy crapola! That's a lot of races

I plan on growin my hair out into a mullet and getting fat(er).

I've got a half marathon first weekend in March. Tryin to weasel my way into another half the 2nd weekend of March.

Everything else is up in the air.

Reactions: Sid

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test