Running Kilt Review

Where does your desire come

Where does your desire come from to wear a kilt ? Do you only wear this when you run ? Or do you wear it in regular day to day activities as well ? Is this sort of attire popular in Canada ? Does the wind ever expose your junk ? Looks like it is awfully short. I imagine other men may not comment, but does it attract women to you ?

Obviously I'm curious on your unusual manly threads.........

The desire to wear a kilt was

The desire to wear a kilt was simply because I thought it would be more comnfortable. And it is!

I only wear my kilt for running. It's just not suitable for anything else, anymore than wearing running shorts to to work would be.

No, this kind of running kilt isn't popular here. I do, though, know some people who wear the SportKilt, which is like a traditional kilt (longer, heavier, more "normal" looking).

Haven't run outside with my kilt yet, only on the treadmill. (It's snowing and -15C here right now.) I don't think the wind would blow the kilt up to any significant degree. But I realize I'm going to have to be careful about bending over, stting down, etc., and I know I'm not going to be doing any pre-race stretching in the kilt in public.

Yes, it's short!

Alan

Definitely shorter than my

Definitely shorter than my Sportkilt, very interesting though.

Barefooting Bob

Barefooting Bob said:
Definitely shorter than my Sportkilt, very interesting though.

I think the standard SportKilt is 22" from waistband to hem, and the HikingKilt is 24". The RunningKilt is 14". But as I said in my blog post, the RunningKilt isn't realy a kilt.

Alan

Adam G. wrote:Isn't that a

Adam G. said:
Isn't that a kilt for women? You're brave to wear that.

Well, I haven't worn it outside yet. :)

Last summer, I was stopped three times by the local police for running barefoot, shirtless and in shorts. Hevanes knows what's going to happen this summer when I run in barefoot and a skirt. (I don't think the tattoos help much, either.)

Alan

I know you said you were

I know you said you were wearing it for comfort. Are you also wearing it to attract more attention ? What were you wearing prior to this that was uncomfortable ?

I just wear the standard black 3/4 length running tight pants. I find them very comfortable. I could never imagine wearing this running kilt you speak of.

No, I'm not into attracting

No, I'm not into attracting attention. The kilt is simply more comfortable than the running shorts I normally wear.

If you're comfortable wearing 3/4 length tight shorts, then keep on wearing them. No-one's asking you to change.

Alan

I simply stated that 3/4

I simply stated that 3/4 lenght pants is what I wear, and it is very comfortable.

Your choice of threads is certainly unusual, but to each his own.

Would love to know what sort of comments people are saying to you while your out, and about kilt running.....

if you're comfortable in it..

if you're comfortable in it.. go for it.. I am planning to sew myself some running skirts and had started to look for a running specific pattern.. so thanks for the link, as I may modify that slightly rather than modifying a non running skirt to use for running.. not sure of the short length though.. but I'm a woman and for non running wear skirts that are closerto knee length all the way to floor length without a second thought (even in MI winter, I often wear a skirt over slacks- a long heavy skirt is warmer than pants and if its REALLY cold out, can hide flannel leggings underneath too!)

Humbolt, I imagine the

Humbolt, I imagine the feeling of this running kilt is similar to that of the full-length kilts that many of our members wear (including me). I will say, coming from even a pair compression shorts, there is nothing like the comfort of a kilt. Since your legs are unencumbered by fabric on the inner thigh, it's feels a lot more...well....free.

HA Saypay!  This from the man

HA Saypay! This from the man in the cape. Maybe you really want your own short kilt and don't know how to ask. . .

But I KNOW you have super

But I KNOW you have super powers! The brave-take-on-all-evil-in-the-world stance in your photo communicates this so well.

The best one I heard so far

The best one I heard so far was, "There really is a kid in a kilt AND barefoot!!" I think it gives me a boost of energy and confidence when I hear people talking about me... idk that is just me

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts