Running in and around Chicago

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Matt, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Illinois
    3. New York

Are there any other Chicago or Chicago area runners here who are interested in getting together for group runs?

If so, let me know.

Matt

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

We're still hopingsomeone in the Illinois Chapter will come forward as chapter president. There are 20 members in Illinois now. The position doesn't require much time at all. At the minimum, all you would do is organize one, preferrably two or more group runs a month. You have to run anyway, right? You would have all the resources the BRS has to offer to help you, such as the Illinois Chapter's home page, Illinois Chapter forum, the Broadcast tab for communicating with all the members in your group, etc. You can also split the job with someone else and co-chair the position. I'm also here to help however I can to get you guys started.

Anyone?

BarefootTJ@BarefootRunners.org

3. snookydidit

snookydidit Barefooters
    1. Illinois

Hello, I live on the north side near loyola and am totally open for running some morning if you are near up here.

Justin

4. Matt

Matt Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Illinois
    3. New York

Justin -- We actually used to live a few blocks from Loyola. We're just a few miles north of that now.

Generally, Sundays are the best day for me in terms of group runs. I have a couple people who might run with me tomorrow around 5:20 AM, but they sounds a little skeptical about being able to get up that early.

TJ -- I would offer myself as a Chapter president, but I honestly believe that there are at least 20 other people here in Illinois who would be better suited to this position.

5. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Someone has shown interest in heading up Illinois. We will let you know the details shortly. Thanks. -TJ