Running Form (robot vs human)

cupstack

Barefooters
Sep 8, 2010
I cam across a video (actually several videos) that showed a running form that appears to mimic what many of you describe - a natural running form. Only one of the videos shows the hell strike (oops - heel strike) method, the rest of them show what apears to be either a forefoot landing or midfoot landing. By the way, these are videos of running bipedal robots. These robots have their knees bent, foot is striking the ground under the torso - just like I keep reading about in these and other barefoot running forums.

If the heel stike is a better running form/method that so many 'shod runners' talk about, then why have so many of these robots been designed and programmed NOT to do it?

Perhaps it saves on the wear and tear of the robot's joints, softer landing, etc.???

Any thoughts?

Link to videos: http://wn.com/Robot_running

Or I am thinking too much on this issue?

Oh, yes, I've seen this

Oh, yes, I've seen this before. Nothin' natural about a robot running, with or without a heel strike. Hee. :)

Hm...looks like me in my

Hm...looks like me in my first half mile durring a recovery run, running back to back days! Haha! I don't wear a back pack though...

-Jonny