Running barefoot in the rain - advice?

I use a visor as a glasses wearer too and it helps tremendously. It also helps keep sweat from dripping in your eyes. :D
Yeah you'd mentioned it in a thread a while back which is what had me wanting to get one for a while. My only problem is I bought it online, and while its a great visor and fits and feel fantastic I didnt realize the red/black colors made me feel like I'm working at McDonalds lol! I might have to get another one of a different color...

Reactions: NickW
Thank you sillyC for that info. My wife tells me I am cynical, as if it is a negative personality attribute. I see it as cautious and investigative at the least. Who knows, maybe "pjruns2" never ran a day in his cynical life!

Btw, still chugging along in my huaraches during the winter months thanks to your help.

Just do it and ENJOY! I run barefoot in the rain when I can and I once ran 50k in my trail gloves where my feet were muddy and wet for the ENTIRE race. They ended up being fine without one blister or issue. Its all about the form when its wet though so just take care not to get too sloppy. HAVE FUN!

That was NakedSoleNate, from whom I've not heard in many moons. He tore his feet to shreds in a rainy trail race that he admited was a very, very bad idea. I believe that that course would have had much the same results on a dry day, and that the rain and mud just hastened the damage. My strongly held opinion is that "shoes as tools" have their place and that there's no particular virtue in risking damage to the tootsies.
And this is exactly why I choose to run most trails in my Pace Gloves. Mud can also hide a lot of debris that you would otherwise be able to see and step around. But running on the wet asphalt is lovely!

Thank you for telling...
No, never heard of... Probably Tellman's Tale didn't reach Europe...

(I have a 'method' for subscribing to this kind of e-letters (since I have my own domain, I can use hundreds of aliasses...) and once such an address is used for spam, I simple discard that address and the spam is gone... if it ever reaches me, since my spamfilters is very good...)

I'm pretty sure his epic adventure was before the BRS, in the Runners World Forum days. We had a great time watching him implode. The video blog of this turkey failing to run barefoot across the country was way too funny. You would not have believed the melodrama about his blisters.

So is it you don't have distinct words for walk and run, or does Google Translate need to study more?
It's Google who doesn't make a distinction between 'Flemish' and 'Dutch'.

In Flanders we say 'wandelen' for walking/hiking and 'lopen' for running.
The Dutch say 'lopen' for walking/hiking and 'hardlopen' for running.

So when Flemish talk about running, Dutch think they mean walking... And Google speaks Dutch, not Flemish....

(And in German 'laufen' (that has the same root as 'lopen') for running and 'wandern' for hiking I guess the Flemish is more correct than the Dutch.)

Reactions: Bare Lee
It's Google who doesn't make a distinction between 'Flemish' and 'Dutch'.

In Flanders we say 'wandelen' for walking/hiking and 'lopen' for running.
The Dutch say 'lopen' for walking/hiking and 'hardlopen' for running.

So when Flemish talk about running, Dutch think they mean walking... And Google speaks Dutch, not Flemish....

(And in German 'laufen' (that has the same root as 'lopen') for running and 'wandern' for hiking I guess the Flemish is more correct than the Dutch.)
Thanks Anne. We linguists hate loose ends.

OMG - I hope TJ doesn't kick me off BRS for this, but here's some of the videos:

He makes some ridiculous claims about having spent $500,000 of his own money, and donating $20,000 or something to homeless teens. How about just donating $500,000 to homeless teens? Weirdo.
Ha! I love it. A barefoot scam artist. What's next? Some snake oil salesman trying to sell barefoot shoes? One way or another someone's going to figure out a way to make money off this. Heck, I just got me a toe ring for Pete's sake.

Reactions: Robin

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test