Running Bare for Breast Cancer

sherrhod

Barefooters
Apr 4, 2010
Running barefoot, that is!

My office has a team that is raising money for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. There will be a local event (a walk) that I won't be able to attend this fall because I'll be in Germany again. I decided I had to do something to make people want to give me money (other than just for a worthy cause), so I am challenging myself to run 100 total miles barefoot between now and October 24th. While that's not a lot for some, it will require some major dedication on my part. I think this will be a great way to raise money and to bring awareness to two different "causes" breast cancer and barefoot running. I'm working on getting a shirt right now that I can use for my runs that has the BRS logo on the front and "Running Bare for Breast Cancer" on the back. I have a handful of people already that have agreed to donate and/or sponsor me. I will definitely keep you all updated on how it goes.

Sherri

Good work, Sherri, and good

Good work, Sherri, and good luck! I know you can do this.

That's awesome! Good luck!

That's awesome! Good luck! Keep us all posted.

I love it Sherri, keep us

I love it Sherri, keep us posted on where we can donate and help spread the word on your cause :)

Thank you very much!  And,

Thank you very much! And, thank you for the encouragement!

If you want to donate per mile, just let me know how much, and I will give you a total in October. If you want to make a lump sum donation, you can do that online at

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY11Florida?px=1350404&pg=personal&fr_id=28038

I am just keeping a list of people who are sponsoring per mile. My plan is to set up a Facebook page so I can keep everyone updated.

Sherri

Fantastic Sherri! Best wishes

Fantastic Sherri! Best wishes :)

Looks good!

Looks good!